Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNILAD blocked by Facebook

Options
  • 17-11-2017 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭

UNILAD has 34 million likes and reaching a billion people per week, their main channel on Facebook is effectively dead due to copyright images, etc.

Personally didn't follow it as thought they put up some amount of shyte but really goes to show the power of Facebook and online businesses using FB as their main outlet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Who?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Good. Unilad often takes views, advertising and revenue from genuine content creators, mainly off Youtube. They deserve to be shot down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Looks like its back to buying Nuts & Zoo for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Good. Unilad often takes views, advertising and revenue from genuine content creators, mainly off Youtube. They deserve to be shot down.

Reducing Fuckerberg and Eric Schmidt's billions. They should be so ashamed :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

"Copyright".

Facebook attempting to censor and control the masses via content it allows on its site. Suffice to say, Facebook is too big and presumably has more than a monopoly of its sector?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

and not a single thing of value was lost

"Copyright".

Facebook attempting to censor and control the masses via content it allows on its site. Suffice to say, Facebook is too big and presumably has more than a monopoly of its sector?

Well, yeah.

They, and other pages like them on Facebook, steal content from other people, thus breaching their copyright.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Finally.

BantsBantsBants
    LadsLadsLads

BlockedBlockedBlocked

Well, yeah.

They, and other pages like them on Facebook, steal content from other people, thus breaching their copyright.

I don't understand; someone posts a video on YouTube, snapchat, Instagram and they re-post it or else people send them their own videos. That isn't copyright breach so I'm trying to work out what they post that is copyrighted?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I don't understand; someone posts a video on YouTube, snapchat, Instagram and they re-post it or else people send them their own videos. That isn't copyright breach so I'm trying to work out what they post that is copyrighted?

These sites don't repost them though, they makes their own videos from them, upload it as theirs & get all the clicks, etc.
    There's a name on that practice which escapes me now.

I don't know enough about youtube copyright to know if it's breaching it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

"Copyright".

Yeah, it's censorship because Unilad stole yet another video from a creator on Youtube and reposted it themselves to try and get more ad revenue.

Cop on a bit.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Yeah, it's censorship because Unilad stole yet another video from a creator on Youtube and reposted it themselves to try and get more ad revenue.

Cop on a bit.

YouTube is a video sharing website. Post there and people are free to share it. Don't get all riled up over it, it's far less worse than illegal streaming of movies/tv shows and music, predominantly as it's not exactly illegal what you have described. But maybe try a bit harder to describe how it breaks laws?

YouTube is a video sharing website. Post there and people are free to share it. Don't get all riled up over it, it's far less worse than illegal streaming of movies/tv shows and music, predominantly as it's not exactly illegal what you have described. But maybe try a bit harder to describe how it breaks laws?

YouTube has licensing agreements built up into it though. I can't remember 100%, but it's pretty much that when you upload it, you retain ownership of that footage.

If someone comes along, removes your credits, removes any mention of your ever being involved, then you're breaching that ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

And they are back again..Le sigh.. Facebook flexing muscle then backing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

YouTube has licensing agreements built up into it though. I can't remember 100%, but it's pretty much that when you upload it, you retain ownership of that footage.

If someone comes along, removes your credits, removes any mention of your ever being involved, then you're breaching that ownership.

Even redistributing as your own upload is a copyright breach and I imagine the likes of unilad would make a profit on content they upload. Ad revenue etc. Copyright still exists on self created content which many people seem to miss.

Advertisement