Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spraoi, Sonas etc school annuals.

Options
  • 17-11-2017 9:30am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

Remember these childrens school magazines from the 70's/80's? Think they were published by Folen. I remember really looking forward to the Christmas annuals.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Jaygon2009

'The Woodlanders' :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Jaygon2009

Those were the group of animal friends that featured in some of the short stories (at least in Spraoi)

They were indeed published by Folens and were an monthly magazine as well as the Christmas Annual

There was Súgradh and Spraoi for the Junior Classes and (I believe) Siamsa and Sonas for the Seniors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

You can still get them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

There was a strip too about a bunch of children that visually owed much to the Bash St Kids.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

We were press-ganged in to getting these every year, parents convinced it'd improve our Irish - although there was an awful lot of English in it by my time anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I remember the 82 one.

F6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I remember other kids getting them in my class. Not sure why I didn't...if I'd forgotten to bring the money in or if we just didnt have to spare cash. When my sons were at primary school they got them and I enjoyed reading along with them and completing the puzzles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

darkdubh wrote: »
    I remember the 82 one.

F6.jpg

I see the 89 edition is poking fun at us gingers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Kids still get them every year, €8 I think.

Advertisement