Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with jealousy

Options
  • 17-11-2017 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I’ve been seeing this guy a short while now. He has a friend whose very pretty and they get on really well, sometimes verging on flirty behaviour (he’ll squeeze her neck and she’ll giggle). The jealousy is driving me mad but it’s too early days to say anything plus I probably have no right to. How can I deal with the jealousy? It’s really starting to affect me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Aspadeaspade

If I was you I'd play him at his own game .. have a laugh with my male friends but obviously not go overboard.. ask yourself why you're so insecure though? As pretty as his friend may be, he's with you and not her.. don't let jealousy ruin what should be an exciting phase in dating..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

If I was you I'd play him at his own game .. have a laugh with my male friends but obviously not go overboard

Dont do this. Its pathetic and childish.

People have friends. Sometimes they are of the oppisate sex.

You are going to have to get over it. If he had any feelings for her he wouldnt be messing with her in front of you. He'd be coy.

I'd not worry about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

It doesn't sound like he's doing anything wrong. People of the opposite sex can actually friends. What you're seeing is unlikely to be flirting and is just their normal friendly behaviour.

I think the real issue you need to address is why you're feeling so insecure. Has something happened in previous relationships that would make you feel this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

If I was you I'd play him at his own game .. have a laugh with my male friends but obviously not go overboard.

This is terrible advice. He's not "playing a game", he's interacting with his friend.

OP, you need to figure out where these feelings are coming from and do your absolute utmost to work on them. Jealousy is one of *the* most offputting traits in a partner.

Advertisement