Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards 5 Star Match Award for Best Thread

Options
  • 17-11-2017 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

We kick off the PW Boards Awards 2017 with the award for best thread. Click on the links to visit the individual threads up for the award. We have six contenders nominated and they are;

Which thread was the best of 2017 25 votes

Divas Photo Thread
    0% 0 votes
    Around The Horn 2017
    16% 4 votes
    PW Boards Fantasy League
    0% 0 votes
    The Draft
    24% 6 votes
    Random Wrasslin' Thoughts
    20% 5 votes
    Wrestling News & Rumours
    40% 10 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The Draft for me. Great fun that lasts for ages with most of the board regulars involved.

2nd I'd have MNGs fantasy league as it genuinely makes me more interested in watching the current product.

Although I'm sure they will get loads of votes things like The Diva thread aren't like these as these give something you can't get elsewhere be it reposted news or instagram pics plus the above ones foster the PW community on the board.

I'd hold ATH in a similar light but this years has only really started and as I originally ran that somehow feel I should vote elsewhere.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I voted random wrestling thoughts. Its always a place of random discussion and nostalgia and usually quite lighthearted

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

News and Rumours for me. Always some really good info there

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's very tight at the top here. There's one vote separating five threads!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Just to point out, news and rumours is a split from the previous thread which reached 10k posta, which was opened by gimmick after he closed the previous one for too much chat.

Oh and that original thread was my idea. Not that it matters to me..... i swear....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

They really are all cracking threads. PW Fantasy edges it for me. As BH says. It's the only reason I watch til RR comes around and mania season starts.
    Also MNG puts in Trojan work for 4/5 months solid and it deserves to be recognised.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DM_7 wrote: »
    Just to point out, news and rumours is a split from the previous thread which reached 10k posta, which was opened by gimmick after he closed the previous one for too much chat.

Oh and that original thread was my idea. Not that it matters to me..... i swear....

technically I started the Divas thread as I split off a conversation that was overtaking another thread thanks to iirc too many pics of Kelly Kelly (as if there is such a thing).

Don't want that to win though, as KanKan says it'd be nice to recognize people like MNG and his fantasy league... that said I did vote for The Draft :pac:

Final bump for the 5 Star Match Award. Just over 24 hours to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Voted for the Fantasy League thread. MNG deserves the recognition for putting in a great effort to run it, it's hugely enjoyable to participate in and as Kankan14 mentioned it keeps interest up at a time of the year when the product tends to be mixed.

Utrust-5-star.png

The winner of the 5 Star Match Award is;

Random Wrasslin' Thoughts
    by gimmick

The Diva Photo thread has been knocked off its perch. Are we all maturing?

probably not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Thanks to those who voted for the Fantasy League and for the kind words. Unlike last year we beat the scantily clad females. :pac:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Advertisement