Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Maritime salvage law??

Options
  • 16-11-2017 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I watched a US tv series and it stated that in America if someone’s boat sinks and you salvage it you are entitled to a substantial reward. i.e. someone’s boat sunk because of a hole in the side after a hurricane I patched it up with some wood and glue when the tide went out and I floated when it came back in. Here I would be entitled to a reward from the owner and if not I could have the vessel. Or if there was a load of jewellery in a box in a vessel wreck and I dived Down to get it I could keep it cause I salvaged it. You can do this without notifing the owner or receiving a contract. I was wondering can you do this in Ireland and what is the law??

Comments

Advertisement