Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to buy on amazon Canada for delivery to Canada when in Ireland?

Options
  • 16-11-2017 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

Sorry for the confusing title. Posted this in another forum but no joy after 24 hours.

Just wondering if we can buy items online (Amazon?) in Canada for delivery to family members there? Previous years we've bought here and posted over but the cost is astronomical.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

That Bezos fcuker is already the richest fcuker in the world. I wouldn't go around trying to make him any richer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Yep, you can even use the same account you do for Amazon.co.uk - just log in at Amazon.ca and make a new address to wherever you want it to go, and you're good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Sounds perfectly do-able.

What if you were just a Canadian on holiday in Ireland. You'd expect it to work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,255 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Welcome to the internet.

For all Amazon purchases, you must present yourself in person, with you birth cert and passport, for retinal scan and rectal probe at the point of delivery.

However, being a helpful sort, I can do you a favour and organize an exception just for you. Just send me your credit card details, including the 3 digits on the back and the expiry date. To prevent any delays, also include your Name, address and date of birth.

You can trust me. I know we are on the Internet but I am the President of the United States of America, so therefore, like my predecessor honest Abe, cannot lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

Yes can do.
    Daughter was in Toronto last year near Winnipeg. Free delivery on amazon.ca and you can use eBay as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Brilliant, thanks for the helpful replies. Thanks also for the attempts at being funny with the boringly obvious and well worn.

Lock it up whenever ye want mods, job oxo.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hello from Toronto .o/

See if you can input a nearby Shoppers Drug Mart near the destination (that has a Canada Post in it), and have it delivered there, with the name of your family on the order. When it gets delivered, you get an email, and you tell your family to pick it up. It's very handy, as it allows me to order stuff, without fearing it be left inside the common area of the apartments.

Use Amazon.ca

the_syco wrote: »
    Hello from Toronto .o/

See if you can input a nearby Shoppers Drug Mart near the destination (that has a Canada Post in it), and have it delivered there, with the name of your family on the order. When it gets delivered, you get an email, and you tell your family to pick it up. It's very handy, as it allows me to order stuff, without fearing it be left inside the common area of the apartments.

Use Amazon.ca
    Feck it anyway, I used to live right by the Shoppers on Spadina - this would've saved a fair bit of hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,255 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Brilliant, thanks for the helpful replies. Thanks also for the attempts at being funny with the boringly obvious and well worn.

Lock it up whenever ye want mods, job oxo.

That's not the way we do things around here. Silly questions get silly answers and once you open the Pandora's box of pisstaking, you just have to let it run its course

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

That's not the way we do things around here. Silly questions get silly answers and once you open the Pandora's box of pisstaking, you just have to let it run its course

Absolutely, I knew that when I posted but hoped for and duly received a few helpful answers. It's just a pity that the silly answers are so unimaginative and unoriginal. It's a race to get the same old pathetic response in first to every thread. Until someone comes up with a new 'funny' response and then the sheep take that and use it to death.

• Advertisement

You'd know all about taking piss, wouldn't you Donald? Or was it receiving... I can't remember. :pac:

Advertisement