Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Value of building PAYG Credit

Options
  • 16-11-2017 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭

I am a pensioner with a fairly basic, and aging, smartphone. I rarely use it and have it mostly for emergencies. I would send a couple of texts per month only.

As Vodafone insist on topping up every 6 months, and now don't give top ups of less than €10, the credit has begun to build up. Is there any way to get value for this credit? I don't have mobile data or the likes.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Add ons reset the 6 month clock in the same way as topping up does. There's a 100 minutes / 28 day add on for a fiver. There's also a fiver data add-on if that's any use.
    Check that the "top up by" date has changed after add-on purchase (dial 1741).
    There's still a fiver top up but it's online only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Add ons reset the 6 month clock in the same way as topping up does. There's a 100 minutes / 28 day add on for a fiver. There's also a fiver data add-on if that's any use.
    Check that the "top up by" date has changed after add-on purchase (dial 1741).
    There's still a fiver top up but it's online only.

Thank you so much. I'm happy to top up for €5 but the shop stopped doing them. I've just done it on line, so good to go for another 6 months.

Many thanks for the prompt and very helpful reply.

Advertisement