Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary School Irish Books Bog Liom Series

Options
  • 16-11-2017 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Anybody remember this series? I used it at school and still use it in my teaching today. Books were published 1983-1989 by Gill and Macmillan. The series is long out of print now but it's still as good as it ever was. I've put some of my spares up on Adverts.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Pretty sure they were still knocking around (or extensively photocopied by teachers) in the early 1990s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

L1011 wrote: »
    Pretty sure they were still knocking around (or extensively photocopied by teachers) in the early 1990s

I'm not sure about the others but I definitely had Gluais Liom and that would have been around 1993 if not later.

My cousin was older than me and passed down some books when I needed them. He use to write the English in pencil above a lot of the text which I was delighted about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Jaygon2009

Most likely in print and for sale until the 1999 revised Primary School Curriculum kicked in for Gaeilge. I used them at school between 1988 and 1995

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Jaygon2009 wrote: »
    Anybody remember this series? I used it at school and still use it in my teaching today. Books were published 1983-1989 by Gill and Macmillan. The series is long out of print now but it's still as good as it ever was. I've put some of my spares up on Adverts.

I had that one Tar Liom. Late 80's ish. Bringing back memories, that comic strip type thing with yer man drink driving.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Such a shame they were thrown out, the standard of them was quite good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement