Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original Xiaomi Yeelight Smart Light Strip - RGB COLOR €20.60 to the door

Options
  • 16-11-2017 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭

For the smart home enthusiasts. Decent price I reckon. It's the 2mtr kit. Usual compatibility with Amazon Alexa. MIJIA IFTTT Support Open API. Supports Google Home.

Use code BFYELSUK while logged in.

https://www.gearbest.com/smart-lighting/pp_424884.html?wid=21

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Ah feck. I bought one of these a couple of days ago! It will go well with the RGB bulb, and with the apps now letting you group units, will be quite useful.

I have a shelving unit above my bed that I may have made specifically to size for this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Do these strips reduce in size with some clipables or are you stuck with 2 metres?

There are cut points along it according to the info on Gearbest, so it can be shortened. The Q&A section also says that you can connect 2 together to get 4m, but as it is not a supported action it voids the warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Do you mean you cut it with a scissors or something?
    I would have imagined (If i was designing them anyway) that there would be clip on circuits after each bulb

Without seeing it in person I can't really answer it, sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Expired

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

In its Q&A it says it does not work with Google Home

Q

Work with Google Home?

By Nilberto César Sep-15/2017 04:09:04
    A

Hello Nilberto,
    We are sorry that the item is not compatible with Google Home.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

I took delivery of one of these today, and it is an excellent bit of kit. Not the longest thing ever at just 2m, but it's well made, bright, and works well with other Yeelights.

I don't have a GHome or Echo to test with, so can't answer on those points, but if anyone else has one on the way, you'll like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

If this deal repeats please let us know. I'd be interested. Have some other yeelights.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,984 ✭✭✭✭rob316

23.80 today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭SteM

Thanks OP. Mine arrived yesterday. Works well with IFTT and Google Home. Set it up to replicate sunrise this morning, looks great in the bedroom behind the headboard. Was able to trim it to size using the cut points. I'll pick another up for the kitchen at some point.

SteM wrote: »
    Thanks OP. Mine arrived yesterday. Works well with IFTT and Google Home. Set it up to replicate sunrise this morning, looks great in the bedroom behind the headboard. Was able to trim it to size using the cut points. I'll pick another up for the kitchen at some point.

The sunrise and sunset scenes look better on this than the ceiling bulb. It’s a really great light!

Advertisement