Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chronogolf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Just looking around this Chronogolf.
    Yes it gives you a lot more than BRS.
    But
    It's slow, annoying and trying to do to much.

BRS is a simple time sheet that does exactly what it says on the tin. A few tweaks to that would be a lot better than Chronogolf IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

If BRS could set up mobile applications for your phone, be they android or ios, it would be perfect.

If BRS could set up mobile applications for your phone, be they android or ios, it would be perfect.

mehh, i dont know we need an app. to many bloody apps on my phone as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭londonred

Login BRS on browser then click add to home screen then it looks like an app and can be used for bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

It's a pain in the hole Seve no?

You can only seem to cancel a whole line at a time? For example I booked a line for Sunday for 4 of us, needed to take my name off yesterday and had to cancel the whole line?

Also it is hard to see what comps are on you need to select a specific date and even then it's not clear.

• Advertisement

eoghan104 wrote: »
    It's a pain in the hole Seve no?

You can only seem to cancel a whole line at a time? For example I booked a line for Sunday for 4 of us, needed to take my name off yesterday and had to cancel the whole line?

Also it is hard to see what comps are on you need to select a specific date and even then it's not clear.

pain in the hole??? I think i agree.

I havent booked yet so not sure about the cancelling thing.

yes, totally agree with the comps, no idea what is on and when it's on

to much scrolling involved and im using it on pc with large monitor

It does appear to have some good features in so far as you can see your proshop/bar balance and i think once you start spending, you will be able to see your transaction history. looks like it will keep a record of all your games & scores etc, but to be honest, that is in how did I do anyway and also and more importantly in golfnet, so im not sure how necessary it is.

i find it very slow.

i think i could book 5 games in a BRS system in less time than it would take me to book one here. at the end of the day, it is for booking golf, it appears to be trying to hard to do to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

I'd like to see a feature on the BRS where you could send a message to someone to let them know if you need to pull your name. Linked up to phone number or email or the like. I've seen a lot of instances where someone pulls the name the morning of the round and the other 3 are giving out stink about them pulling out at short notice. Its only later when you hear they had a valid reason. It would be good to be able to send your playing partners a message. Different obviously if you know the people and have their mobile numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭rooney30

As it stands it's terrible. The app doesn't allow you book member competitions yet . The website screen doesn't fit a smart phone making it near impossible to navigate . Therefore you sort of have to use a tablet or desktop and even then it's all of the things mentioned previously , horrendously slow and clunky .
    Brs booking takes about 30 seconds from your phone . Can't see why you would change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Available on Android for my club (Youghal)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brsgolf.members

Being rolled out on a phased basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I also have the BRS Golf app on My iPhone, works very well

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement

trying to book a couple of slots on the Chronogolf site
    PITA.....gave up
    will ring pro-shop in the morning

trying to book a couple of slots on the Chronogolf site
    PITA.....gave up
    will ring pro-shop in the morning

Booking through the website is the way to go when booking members comps.

I agree the app is useless.

Booking through the website is the way to go when booking members comps.

I agree the app is useless.

am i right in saying you can't even book without putting a credit card in also???? I mean WTF, that is just ridiculous.

Yeah that's right. I am worried about what happens if you don't end up playing for whatever reason, maybe the card is charged.

I'm sure these teething problems will be ironed out though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

.. if you don't end up playing for whatever reason, maybe the card is charged.

maybe that's the whole point of looking for a card number, to stop lads block booking a line and then all / some not showing up???

charlieIRL wrote: »
    maybe that's the whole point of looking for a card number, to stop lads block booking a line and then all / some not showing up???
    Yeah exactly, I would be mostly alright with that. I think it says something about 48hrs before though which is too big a window in my opinion.

Yea but what bugs me is they currently hold 600 ofy own money on credits.
    It's a club. I can understand it for non members, bit not for members. They know who we are if we scratch last min and can have a word and dock our credits.

Seve OB wrote: »
    Yea but what bugs me is they currently hold 600 ofy own money on credits.
    It's a club. I can understand it for non members, bit not for members. They know who we are if we scratch last min and can have a word and dock our credits.
    They are not holding your own money. Looking at it like that is false. That's your membership fee same as any other, you can just spend credits to that value.

They are not holding your own money. Looking at it like that is false. That's your membership fee same as any other, you can just spend credits to that value.

Of course you are right. What I meant is that's my golf money. They are the credits I use to play golf. If I don't turn up they can take my credits. There is no need for a credit card on top of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

I have never seen a credit card required to book a members slot on any system, and i have spent 12 months looking at almost every booking system out there.

Chronogolf website is not working for the last 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

So to book a tee time in Charlesland, I have to provide credit card details to Chronogolf to be stored.

I'm happy to pay for a particular round by credit card, i.e. for a particular transaction. I'm not in general happy to provide my card details for ongoing retention, especially to a third party. Charlesland have just lost my green fee booking, I've missed a casual round. Thanks, Chronogolf. Credit card details should not be retained by default, imo.

Advertisement