Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Susi grant

• 16-11-2017 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Basically I'm applying for thr susi grant ATM , I fit most criterias my my is on the sick my dad is self employed but also sick ATM , I have a family medical card I'm in a deis school and fit the income limit,however my Mam was redundant last year and received money (Around 50k) I know this will be brought up as I've seen the app. Process but will it be a big deal?As both parents are basically unemployed or will they see the redundancy and say no sorry?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Change of circumstances may apply.

The redundancy is divided by the amount of years service and applied to the application. 50,000 divided by 10 years is only 5000 reckonable.
    If your mother is currently unemployed then you must apply for a change of circumstances and all income for last year will be removed and an average of the income (Social Welfare) for the coming year will be applied.

It may be more difficult to ascertain the income for your father if he is also not working but self employed. AFAIK, the income for self employment for the previous year is still reckonable unless there are exceptional circumstances and the return to work maybe delayed indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Patricklouth

Cheers so they won't just put down the 50k as what she was 'paid' for last year she got it in June and don't think she got social welfare to about October so what would her income be give for take?
    As my for dad he earned definitely under 10 grand he said to me and it's down as that.
    Also not to sound snobbish but we are quite well off like house,cars,money in the bank wise will they check this?Can they look into bank funds no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

All income is checked with revenue and the department of social welfare.

You must put the full amounts on your application and SUSI will make the calculations as top what is reckonable or not.

and the grant assistance is for people that require it to enable them attend third level education. If you really don't need it, then you shouldn't really apply. It is not an entitlement as some people seem to think. It assistance, just like a welfare payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Patricklouth

Yes I shall do so and that was wrong of me to say we are going ok no but as both of them are not working money's leaving but none coming in and with only 3 years between 3 kids there is no way we could afford that?

Advertisement