Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN for use with Sky Q?

Options
  • 15-11-2017 11:03pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure where to put this thread, but I think this is much better than the Sky forum for this question.

I was having problems downloading boxsets/catch up tv on sky q and eventually figured out that it was because I was using a VPN (overplay) with the DNS changed on the router. Once I changed back to OpenDNS setting these features work fine.

I am assuming it is a security check that the sky q box does when downloading any of these shows and checks location,and when it sees VPN settings it just fails. Does anyone here know if this is a known thing, and if there are any VPN providers that this would work with? It's not a big deal, but I'm used to having a working BBC iplayer and so on.

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aliveireland

Hi! I know it is a bit late, but did you get any joy with this? I am with Vodafone currently and using a VPN in the router and everything works great BBCiPlayer, Britbox, HULU, Peacock etc. Now my contract is up with Vodafone and more than doubling and having talked with them there was not much they could do so I am once again looking at SKY. My BIG question is can I use a VPN directly in the router with SKY fibre and still be able to access my foreign subscriptions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Like the charter says, we don't allow people to discuss VPNs for the purpose of gaining illegal access to content. So this is being locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement