Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architect v Agent/Engineer for planning & Self Build

Options
  • 15-11-2017 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a site ready for pre- planning in the council but a few people I speak to are giving us different answers in relation to who we should use for the planning & design stage, working and Tender Drawings ask then commencement and site inspection stage.
    We have a fair idea of
    Then ohoping to get a two storey house.
    I spoke someone who said go with an out and our architect who will maximize your house inside and out and also give it a modern design.
    Another said get an agent who will cover all, an engineer who does all the planning, design, percoaltion, soil test, tenders, site inspections etc. The latter will prob work out cheaper but will it just be a bog standard house design?
    Sort of confused who to go with as we want to leave in the pre planning form to the council soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement