Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus phone stolen - how to block it?

Options
  • 15-11-2017 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

My One Plus phone was lost on a bus, now presumed stolen. It has not turned up in the past 7 days. It was immediately switched off. The network provider is Lycamobile.

I phoned Lycamobile to block the SIM card. They say they cannot block the phone. I have the IMEI number.

Is this an issue with all mobile network providers?

I reported the phone missing at the Garda Station. They said to block it.

Can I do anything? Do I just let the lowlife get away with it? Can One Plus do anything?

Would the situation be the same with Tesco mobile?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Blocking only happens on Irish networks, the thieves just export the phones. If you track the phone with your google account you will probably see it appear active in north africa sometime in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Did you contact Dublin bus?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

It's not available on Irish networks so of course not supplied by the network. They can't block it as they have no authority to as it wasn't sold by them.

Unfortunately its probably gone forever..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

It's irrelevant whether they sold the phone or not, just need a garda report and the IMEI number.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭LaLa2004

Did you contact Dublin bus?

Yes, I rang the lost property office a few times, with no success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭LaLa2004

I rang Lyca twice & they will only deal with the SIM card. There seems to be a big trade worldwide in stolen phones. ☹️

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Have a look through this. Maybe you did it all, I don't know.

https://m.androidcentral.com/how-track-android-phone

Advertisement