Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colonoscopy prep

• 15-11-2017 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Having a colonoscopy preformed tomorrow just in the middle of my prep using moviprep I'm so so nervous no sign of anything yet. Could someone please give me some advice if you've gone through this I'm so nervous and anxious

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I can guarantee you the moviprep will work. It took until I was nearly finished it before it started to work but it will. That's what it's designed to do. I hope that helps but I can't help you with the taste of it! You will have to suffer through that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Blossomflower

Thanks so much. It does taste really bad. I'm feeling really anxious about the whole thing including the colonoscopy +endoscopy feeling very scared don't mean to be dramatic. And iv heard the prep is the worst part of it thank you for the reply have you gone through this also?

It tastes like out of date disprin! I had a colonoscopy a few months ago, I was more pre-embarrassed than nervous going into it but the nurses and doctors were great. They've done it thousands of times. The prep was the worst part I would agree but even then I wouldn't describe it as bad. Not to give too much information but a good "clearout" is good for you and 2-3 days from now you will really feel the benefits of that!

That's very true it's very embarrassing I feel. I just don't want to be aware of what their doing especially in such a delicate area 😂. Looking forward to it being over.? How are you now? Were you sedated can you remember having it done? I do appreciate your replies to speak to someone who's been through it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

the prep really is the worst part , they use sedation nowadays and you wont remember a thing ,

and just dont go too far from a toilet the movieprep WILL kick in soon ,
    sudocream will help with the ring of fire issues as well

• Advertisement

Great that's what I want to not remember it's very undignified ☹. The thoughts of it its just making me embarrassed and nervous I don't know what to expect. Thanks for the reply. Still in the middle of the prep (moviprep) nothing yet so far I'm an hour into it

I'm fine thanks. As i say 1-2 days of very slight pain around the area then I felt grand. I was under local anesthesia so I was awake but I don't really remember too much from it. I don't know if you'll be awake or not obviously but it will be grand for you I've no doubt.

Thanks for the heads up. Glad to hear you were OK it's just nerve wrecking. It'll be over and done with soon. Il keep you guys posted my appointment is for tomorrow afternoon at 12.

Thanks for the heads up. Glad to hear you were OK it's just nerve wrecking. It'll be over and done with soon. Il keep you guys posted my appointment is for tomorrow afternoon at 12.
    Good luck and let me just stress again about the embarrassment that the nurses and doctors really couldn't give a hoot about it! This is what they do every single workday so try to go easy on yourself :)

Thank you. That makes me feel alot less nervous now I appreciate it thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭Harika

I had one last week. The stuff took more than two hours to kick in but then it started, oh my. :D
    Overall it was a great experience, as weird as that sounds. I went to hospital, waited until it was my turn, was rolled into the room. Got the anesthetics and woke up again in my room. I questioned the nurse if they actually did the procedure, as I didn't feel or remembered anything. One hour later had a chat with the doc that all was fine and then went home.

Wow that's brilliant. I'm hoping I won't remember anything from it. I haven't went to the loo yet but I'm hoping I will soon I'm glad everything went well for you. Hoping to be able tell a positive story after mine

I have had colonoscopy and endoscopy a few times. Prep is definitely worse than the procedures.
    You might feel embarrassed about the procedure but when it happens you really don't think too much about it. I had anesthesia the first time but after that opted for none on the second and third times.
    With the Anesthesia you simply don't remember anything about it, you wake up and wonder when they are going to do the procedure, only to find its all over and done with. You have your tea and toast and then have to pee before you are allowed home. Without anesthesia, its uncomfortable but you get to go home a lot quicker.
    It normal to be nervous about it but you will see form all the replies that there really is nothing to be worried about except being near the toilet when drinking the prep.
    Best of luck with it. Let us know how you got on.

Thanks for your reply I'm 2 hours into drinking the prep and still nothing so far. Have cramps in my tummy but don't need to go just yet. The anxiety has taken over me but thanks to all you kind people taking the time to reply I don't feel as bad I mean it's just my nerves I think. Il let you all know how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭Harika

Thanks for your reply I'm 2 hours into drinking the prep and still nothing so far. Have cramps in my tummy but don't need to go just yet. The anxiety has taken over me but thanks to all you kind people taking the time to reply I don't feel as bad I mean it's just my nerves I think. Il let you all know how it goes.

Cramps means that it is working. Give it some more time.

I'm hanging in there have a feeling I won't get a good night's sleep tonight lol 😂

Hi everyone again. I had the endoscopy and colonoscopy done yesterday and I must say it was a traumatic experience they did not give me much sedation so I was very aware and it was very very uncomfortable and took longer than expected as when they done the endoscope I vomited and caused panic overall a terrible experience the colonoscopy felt like it was going on forever although probably wasn't long. The took ten biopsies and removed polyps so I'm now very worried as I lost my dad to bowel cancer three years ago they said there was abnormalities the result won't be back for 4-6 weeks now I don't know what to think. Just wanted to let everyone know my experience as you were all very kind

Advertisement