Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 1 / Quakeworld

Options
  • 15-11-2017 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Seen zero join #quake.ie on IRC ( still alive ) there the other day but didn’t have a chance to say hi - any other Quaker’s still about? Quakeworld any one?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

-ZT-Kharn reporting in :D Have you seen anything much of Quake Live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Q2 was the best one. DM1 brings a single tear.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

Nope, just quakeworld - I started back playing again last August, went to a lan in Sweden in March with about 100 other players - was great fun.

Was tempted to try champions but don’t have the equipment for it

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I used to play Q2 back in the day, a few years ago I would happily log onto Quaklive, is there much of a community these days? Champions doesn't interest me that much - any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Used to play Quake 2 mainly with friends, a little more online in Q3 era and QuakeLive. Have watched some Quake Champions, but not played it; new format is certainly intriguing...

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Quake was how I initially found the site that eventually became boards, but not played in a long while.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Time to resurrect the IQCL so...

There’s an active duel tournament that’s just started at the moment for quakeworld - it’s called thunderdome ( more details @ quakephil.com/thunderdome )

The tournament is split across several divisions ranging from rookies ( div6 ) to div0 ( pros )

I’m not sure if you guys remember small quake - there is a full legitimate package available at nquake.com - includes an installer, high res textures and some mods such as clan arena / team fortress.

Are any of the clan gauntlet guys still around? Vinnit, Nexus, Izer, Giblet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

whats the current status of Quake Champions. I was put of by the micro transaction nonsense.

Not sure as I have not tried champions yet

Any one around later for some quakeworld? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

whats the current status of Quake Champions. I was put of by the micro transaction nonsense.

Got sent a Steam Code from them, includes some microtransaction money with it.

Gonna give it another shot this weekend.

Any one up for some quakeworld?

Advertisement