Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old phones - what to do with them?

Options
  • 15-11-2017 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi there! This query doesn't relate to mobiles but rather their predecessors! I work in a museum and we recently unearthed a box of old telephones (landlines) from c.1990s. They appear to all be in fair condition but we have no use for them here.
    Does anyone know what the best course of action to take with them? It seems a shame to dump them, but they may be of no use to anyone.
    We also found old calculators and 'adding machines'

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

ebay or call some auction houses. I have a huge collection of mobile from yesteryear too and considering moving the lot myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Well and good for the tree huggers but for example some of my phones are worth up to 1500 a piece due to being rare or unable to purchase entire collection worth a small fortune of which i would certainly donate a protion to a good cause. There is phones out there worth nothing and then collectors items worth a packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭leche solara

biko wrote: »

Did you even read the original post? It was specifically stated that the "query doesn't relate to mobiles"

Advertisement