Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripping a shop cardigan to shorten it

Options
  • 15-11-2017 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

Would it be possible to shorten this cardigan about 3 inches, bought it in Pennys love the colour and design but miles too long, same with smaller size I had no joy in inserting the image but if you feel like looking in the Primark website it is a mustard aran knit cardigan €18
    I tried shortening it using that magic tape you place between the seams and iron with a damp cloth to glue it together, I also hand sewed the seam with cotton thread. It was a perfect length wise but didn’t hang properly with the seam gone. I also replaced the buttons with timber ones, looks much better.
    I am not a knitter but handy enough at sewing and diy etc,
    I put a knitting needle through it and can easily pick up the stitches and was thinking could it be cut and ripped and re graft the rib with the back and sides? I notice the band is not separate it looks like it was all one piece done on the machine but the back and sides were sewn together. I could get a friend who is a knitter to do it for me if I felt it was too complicated. I believe it would be possible to pick up the stitches , cut, rip and graft, I could be all wrong!
    Looking forward to hearing from all you knitters, thanks for reading my post

Advertisement