Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PMP Project Management without a degree??

Options
  • 15-11-2017 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm working in IT for 17 years, regularly doing projects and now looking to get PMP certification, but I dont have a degree, only a leaving cert. Does anyone know, can you obtain PMP certification without any type of degree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭SeanElec1

Yes, you can. See the PMI website. You will need to do the 4 day training at an approved training supplier, and then the exam. I recommend VELOPI as a training provider, i have done the course myself and hope to do the exam in January.
    Note that the syllabus is changing in 2018, to Version 6.0 of PMBOK, so there will be a gap where the training providers are trying to get up to speed with the changes from Vs 5 to Vs 6.
    Best of luck with it.

Advertisement