Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical Recycling - Carlow Town.

Options
  • 15-11-2017 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

Looking to drop off an electric oven, but can't seem to get any info on where to go.
    I went up to the council recycling yard, out the Hackettstown Road, but while it was open, there was no one there!
    There didn't seem to be anywhere for electrical stuff, so took the oven home again.

There must be somewhere?

Also, haven't a clue, but is there a charge for recycling ovens?
    Either at recycling centers, or would it be possible to go to a store, like Swans, and pay them to take it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I don't actually know of any permanent centre it can be dropped to but there is an event this weekend if you have any material that may qualify for it.

433522.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

powerstown takes electrical goods in the recycling area (2 euro last time I was there)

Swans and other electrical retailers will only take it if you buy one the same from them (afaik)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Powerstown is 4 euro to access the recycling centre now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Thanks for the info.

Once I knew where to look I was able to get some info on the Powerstown place.
    I've attached it here in case anyone else looks for it in the future.

It does say it's 4 euro, but then it says there is no charge for WEEE items, so we'll see what happens.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Powerstown is a fantastic facility. It’s very ordered and well maintained.
    It’s a just crying shame they charge a €4.00 fee to recycle stuff, it’s an obvious disincentive for people.
    We should have free to use facilities like it all over the country. Surely there’s some revenue stream from selling the waste recyclables?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

road_high wrote: »
    Powerstown is a fantastic facility. It’s very ordered and well maintained.
    It’s a just crying shame they charge a €4.00 fee to recycle stuff, it’s an obvious disincentive for people.
    We should have free to use facilities like it all over the country. Surely there’s some revenue stream from selling the waste recyclables?

in laois they have AES looking after it. Cost is too prohibitive apparently

Advertisement