Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is my memory being used?

Options
  • 14-11-2017 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi - might be a simple question but this isn't my strong point so I'd appreciate some advice.

I got a new laptop with 8gb of RAM. Yet, in task manager, it's showing my memory being at ~ 50% usage despite the processes listed being nowhere near 4gb. Am I missing something?

sWAqmFUl.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

You have 6 instances of firefox running i.e. firefox(6)

Go to view and uncheck "group by type" option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Well, first of all, as someone have said: "Unused memory is wasted memory"

High memory usage (and 50% is just a middle) not necessary bad thing if your laptop performing good.
    Process tab show usage per process. Some RAM usage not even listed in Process tab
    Is this from day one or started just lately?

Could you please post screenshots of:
    Performance tab with Memory selected, and
    Users tab - let’s just see if you don’t have more than one user on the system. Also this will show how much RAM used by "user(s)" alone, excluding "system".
    Mask username(s) for privacy.

Advertisement