Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elbow X-Ray......length of time waiting v MRI.

Options
  • 14-11-2017 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Have had an ongoing elbow problem since April this year.Not sure how I hurt arm but must have jarred it.Have being going to Physio on and off,and doing recommended exercises but it really isn’t improving.
    Basically pain is like someone is stabbing me in elbow whenever I lift something heavy etc,sharp pain on back of elbow.Seems it is opposite of tennis elbow injury.
    Physio thinks now I should get it X-rayed.Wondering given that an X-ray only shows bone should I go for an MRI scan to see more clearly what damage is done?
    How do costs compare for MRI or X-ray?
    Have VHI,what kind of waiting time would you have privately v going public for either X-ray or MRI?
    Thanks for any replies.

Advertisement