Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet cleaning

Options
  • 14-11-2017 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

I have stairs and 2 rugs to clean, I am thinking of hiring a machine to do it myself or am I crazy and should I get someone in to do it, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,178 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you are handy and have loads of energy, do it yourself! Make sure you get the small fitment when you hire the machine, it is easier for stairs than trying to use the long handled gizmo. It is quite hard work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

I hired a Rugdoctor from local builders merchant - i think it was € 25 for the day. It comes with the hand held cleaning head, which you will need for the stairs. The carpet cleaning fluid is extra. I also bought the upholstery cleaning fluid and gave the sofas a good going over as well. Very satisfying emptying the black water from waste reservoir.

Advertisement