Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New career options

Options
  • 14-11-2017 7:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys n gals, lookin at a career change.im a carpenter. im also looking at courses and going back to collage but is there any good jobs that provide all training on the job, something different

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

mpos wrote: »
    Hey guys n gals, lookin at a career change.im a carpenter. im also looking at courses and going back to collage but is there any good jobs that provide all training on the job, something different

I think people would need more information than that.

What are you thinking of studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mpos

Diceicle wrote: »
    I think people would need more information than that.

What are you thinking of studying?

Hey how are you. Your right i should narrow it down but as an unhappy guy in my current role i really dont know.....on the job training positions are just an option I'm lookin at

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Apprenticeships in both the more traditional trades and non-traditional areas (e.g. insurance, hospitality) sound like what you are looking for.

Full list here: http://www.apprenticeship.ie/en/apprentice/Pages/ApprenticeInfo.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Might be worthwhile:

- Looking into doing a Springboard (you don't / didn't have to be unemployed to do up to and including a Level 8 - though you would have to do work experience)
    - Talk to a careers guideance person - maybe to a test to see what type of area would suit you.
    - Not sure where you're based but just go and talk to a College intake person

Advertisement