Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balancing part time work and the leaving cert

Options
  • 13-11-2017 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I’m currently sitting the leaving cert next June and I have a part time job, I simply need the money but I only want to work one day at the weekend yet I am expected to work both days, am i in a position to request just one day? Is there anything to protect me from hindering my education?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Unless the money is a COMPLETE necessity, I recommend leaving work. I knew a few people that worked up until Christmas/end of Christmas break and then quit for the Leaving. You're most likely going to do your LC only once, so don't mess it up over a part-time job that you won't be working at in a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Clopal

I'm doing just a day a week up until Christmas, and then I'm stopping until after the leaving cert, most people do the same, you defiantly shouldn't work 2 days at the weekend after Christmas in my opinion.

Advertisement