Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP2A form - certificate of no impediment / certificate of freedom

Options
  • 13-11-2017 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Hi

Filling out the MP2A here for solicitor to sign tomorrow.

In section 1, it mentions "and am one and the same person as ______ named on the civil certificate of birth upon which, marked with the letter "A", I signed my name before making the Declaration (a long form birth certificate must be produced)."

Questions

Do i mark my birth certificate as A somewhere?
    Do i use original birth cert or a photocopy? Department of Foreign Affairs have requested original but I read elsewhere that i should mark a photocopy as A on back of page.
    Does solicitor have to sign and stamp birth cert in addition to MP2A form?

Sorry for all the questions but i'm hoping someone on here has went through this process recently.

MM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Hey I know this was long ago but can you remember what you did with the birth certificate. Did you sign it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MelissaSlav

Hi I'm currently filling out this form and was wondering the same thing. Did you end up signing your birth certificate?

Advertisement