Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best shop for Christmas decorations

Options
  • 12-11-2017 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

What are the best shops across the country that carry a good selection of Christmas items?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭donegal_man

If you're in Letterkenny, Cooney's in the Retail Park has a fantastic selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Pennys have nicer gear this year than previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 30,371 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I find that all places have nice bits and pieces. It all depends on your taste and budget.
    I find that a lot of places have a sale in late November which can be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

Home store and more for me. Hopefully they’ll have the Christmas Yankee candles on offer soon

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

I was thinking more along the lines of places like beech vista garden center that have a large range of Christmas items. Surely there are similar places dotted all round the country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭touts

You can get some really nice christmas stuff in TK Maxx. Lots of awful stuff but some really nice gems in there. They extend to be on the expensive side though.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

touts wrote: »
    You can get some really nice christmas stuff in TK Maxx. Lots of awful stuff but some really nice gems in there. They extend to be on the expensive side though.

I second tk maxx! I’d be inclined to get a few nice feature baubles from there and buy some cheaper ones in complimenting colours in dunnes/Argos/homestore etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I love the courtyard in kells.
    While their decorations are pricy, they're not something you'll see anywhere else.
    Great if you're into getting 5 or 6 nice decorations every year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I like to buy an item or two in Newlands Cross Garden Centre every year to add to the tree. They do a lot of Gisela Graham and similar type items. Gonna head in tomorrow for a mooch around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Johnstown Garden Centre on the N7 have a great Christmas shop- similar to Beech Vista. Its actually a gorgeous garden and homeware shop and a big plus for me is that they allow dogs into the shop, just not into the cafe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Dfinelad

Mcd Garden Centre has a huge amount of Christmas decorations near dogstrust of the m1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Heatons have some lovely stuff and reasonably priced.

I only moved in with my boyfriend this year so we needed a tree and all the works and purchased our decorations mostly from Heatons.

We also got some lovely decorations from Penny's and Tesco.

Advertisement