Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZOOPLUS.IE OR .DE?

Options
  • 12-11-2017 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I'm getting a pup next week and I am ordering the essentials as well as a crate, the best priced I've found so far is ZooPlus.ie.

I've read on another old thread here that .DE is cheaper, and then others saying it's not & it's a scam, makes no difference price-wise etc.

Can anyone advise me?

Also, if anyone has any tips or essentials I might be forgetting for a new collie x lab pup it would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It depends what you're getting and how the prices compare between the two. You have to pay shipping on .de but it's free when you spend over €49 on .ie. if you do use .de don't pick DHL as if takes longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭neveah123

Thanks for your reply

I already have my basket full on .ie so I might just stick with that. Is the delivery long do you know? Is it a private courier service that delivers for the Irish one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

It takes about 4/5 working days and as above don't use DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

When I order with dpd it takes about 4 working days and gets delivered by courier. I recently started ordering with dhl as it gets delivered through an post, it takes longer sometimes 7/8 working days but the an post depot is across the road from ny house so it's handy for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,818 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I stopped using .de because everytime I ordered, the order wouldn't go through and I'd end up on the phone to Germany. Every time.

Been using the British site lately. Seems quite a bit cheaper than the Irish one even taking delivery into account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Does anyone know if your points that you build up track across the various sites?

Does anyone know if your points that you build up track across the various sites?

yeah they do! The loyalty discount does too and you'll usually get a better one on .de e.g. 8% ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

I use UK for food, usually works out cheaper than Ireland even with shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

I ordered a bag of prescription food just today. Checked both .de and .ie and the Irish site worked out cheaper!

Irish site was €58 and free delivery and German was €66 with €12 delivery. So probably also depends what food you are buying.

Annoying to if you fork out for delivery from .de and it takes longer! Zooplus drive me insane with their erratic stock levels and prices across the sites when it all comes from the same place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just to mention that there are plenty of crates etc available on the likes of adverts with many pretty much brand new- we actually have one ourselves that I really should sell! So that might save you a bit of money as they can be very expensive in petshops.

jebbtools.ie is also great for crates!

Thanks for all your replies guys! I'm going to order everything I need for the puppy on Thursday, so hopefully it'll arrive by the time I have the pup on Tuesday!

I have to order online because I live rural and don't have a car so I'd need it delivered, I did consider adverts etc.

Another question I had, if anyone can help me out, was.. If I'm not home when they deliver the items I ordered, what happens? I have a small coal shed outside my front door, is there a way I can leave a message for the delivery person to place the items in there in the event I'm not there, or do they go to a warehouse like with an post? Because I won't be able to get them then.. what with having no car!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

neveah123 wrote: »
    If I'm not home when they deliver the items I ordered, what happens? I have a small coal shed outside my front door, is there a way I can leave a message for the delivery person to place the items in there in the event I'm not there, or do they go to a warehouse like with an post? Because I won't be able to get them then.. what with having no car!

Got a cat tree from Zooplus last week and it was delivered by An Post. If I havnt been in, “signed for” parcels were dropped in to my neighbor. I had an arrangement with my postman for other parcels to be left in a discreet known place to protect them from the elements.

Will you have a chance to see your local post person? I would try and catch them and tell them you are expecting an item! In the rural area I live, I know some items are brought back to the local post office to be picked up there! All my zooplus items have been delivered by An Post even when I lived in the city. If it’s a courier delivering they will go back to the local depot, and that would be a pain in the behind if you don’t drive!

Sundew wrote: »
    Got a cat tree from Zooplus last week and it was delivered by An Post. If I havnt been in, “signed for” parcels were dropped in to my neighbor. I had an arrangement with my postman for other parcels to be left in a discreet known place to protect them from the elements.

Will you have a chance to see your local post person? I would try and catch them and tell them you are expecting an item! In the rural area I live, I know some items are brought back to the local post office to be picked up there! All my zooplus items have been delivered by An Post even when I lived in the city. If it’s a courier delivering they will go back to the local depot, and that would be a pain in the behind if you don’t drive!

No I won't see them, I'm not home at the moment and I won't be until Monday evening, so I don't know whether I'll be there for them being delivered! :( when I lived in the city, if the postman didn't get an answer when he arrived (which was often as my bell didn't work) the items would be brought back to the depot and I'd have to go get them. Very annoying but it was possible in the city for me to get there, where I live now I'll be buggered if they get sent back to a depot.

Is there a way of getting them re-delivered in rural areas? I know you can do that in the city now if you miss them.

Are items from ZooPlus reg posted?

I'm getting a crate, dog bowls, a toy and some other items, do you usually have to sign for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I got a cat tree and on both occasions have had to sign for both! Didn’t pay attention to label on the box.
    Do you know your local post person or would they know you?
    I am pretty sure they will get the box to you. I would imagine that a delivery note like the city would be posted in to you and no doubt there will be contact details for you to call.
    I personally have never had to collect An Post mail down the country but do know the posties go out of their way to deliver items in rural areas.

We've missed one once at home with DPD and the guy left it in the recycling bin and posted a note in the door. Missed 2 boxes of frozen food with An Post there a few weeks ago (due to the shop not telling me it'd been sent so I was out with the doggies when it arrived just after 7 when An Post usually call)... guy took it with him and then had to collect from the sorting office or whatever it's called up the road later that afternoon and its was all bashed up etc etc.. I'm very lucky that the 2 DPD depots I get deliveries from are really good - I know some people don't have the same luck..but in my experience they're more flexible. You could have 'Please leave in shed' etc as part of your delivery address and once you get the dispatch note from zooplus call DPD with the reference number and explain that you need it left outside. ;)

I got two large boxes delivered from zooplus.de by dpd last week. I had them sent to my mum's house but she had just popped round to a neighbour. She forgot to lock the front door. Dpd man was just leaving as she arrived back. He had knocked.. no answer.. so after a while he tried the handle.. popped his head in and called.. no answer.. so he just put the packages inside and left. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I wouldn't mind ordering from the IE site if they had the same items, or even the same special offers. At the moment 2 of the items in my UK basket are on offer on UK site, but not on IE, and on the IE site, one is listed as being sold out, yet promoted heavily on UK. In beds, they don't have the size listed on the IE site that I want, and my second choice is apparently sold out in the size I want on the IE site but not on UK? Yet they are all meant to be distributed from the same warehouse?

I've a 10% off code I have to use by Sunday so it'll be purchasing on the UK site, even with the postage, the exhange rates and prices work out cheaper than IE:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I usually check both. If I want to order lots of stuff then I usually use the German site, better selection and cheaper prices, but high shipping costs. If I just want to get a few things then the Irish site usually makes more sense. I wish they had a better range of brands on the Irish site though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

I usually do up a basket on both the Irish and German sites to compare costs and I decide after that. I tend to buy in bulk for myself and a friend of mine so i get the usual member discount + what ever other discount i find online (usually the 2% one for orders of over 100 euro)

Often the difference is where I get an extra Kg or two on the German site but the Irish site wont have the same deal and the free delivery is eaten up by the extra euro here and there on everything else. Also a revolut card can come in handy to avoid fees if you want to try the UK site when the exchange rate is good.

I didn't know everything came from the same place until I ordered?

My crate is being delivered by DHL even though I picked DPD to deliver it. DPD is delivering the other small items I ordered. I thought it came out of a place in Ireland if you ordered from .ie... Don't understand what difference it makes.

When I went onto .de I did the same, put the stuff I needed into a basket and compared, but it says over 19e for free delivery, but when I specify delivery to Ireland it says 11,99 delivery so I don't understand how I'm saving money.

Very confusing. I ordered my stuff on Friday and it said it'd be here on Tuesday but according to tracking info it's still in transit from Germany.

Very confusing comparing everything maybe I'll just stick to the .ie page but thank you all for your knowledge and experience in it, it has helped me :)

Yeah scammers - it used to be FREE from .DE but they started adding a charge! :( You can be stuck sometimes - e.g. the bed I wanted for Bailey was only available from .de so I had to pay the postage. It took much longer as it was coming from DHL/AnPost and the box was opened when it came. Bed was fine though. They also did that to me - split the order into DHL and DPD :mad:

i ordered all my stuff off zooplus.ie, got the small bits like dog bowls, kong, leash etc on tuesday having ordered the previous friday, but u guys were right, dhl took over the package of my crate, over a week later there's no sign of it, i have the pup since monday and hes already gotten settled in, not even gonna really need the crate now! :/

thanks for all your input tho ! :)

Advertisement