Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pain in arm, dull, pinching, what is it?

Options
  • 12-11-2017 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Okay, little idea of me. I'm 30, Female, normal weight, don't drink or smoke. I have hypothyroidism, but within normal range, am on Eltroxin 50mcg for it. I suffer with really bad health anxiety and social anxiety. I also suffer with depression. I also am at home everyday all day, so I know that won't help.

I went doctors on Friday, because of chest tightness and throat, it feels like it is constantly full and tight, and I try relieve it with belching but that sometimes doesn't work.

He examined me with a stethoscope chest and back and took my blood pressure, all normal I think, he said it was my anxiety.

But what has been bugging and niggling at me, is this feeling in my left arm. Sometimes its at the very top of my arm, at the shoulder, feels warm underneath but not to the touch, then sometimes an aching in the top of my arm above the elbow, then sometimes it is a little pinching pain in the crease of my elbow. I also get this pulling sensation in my thumb and sometimes my little finger. I also have that warm sensation in my shoulder blade as well.

Now, I'm terrified of blood clots and pulmonary embolisms, so you can see where my fear is with this. I keep thinking it's a blood clot, pulmonary embolism, stroke that was missed by the doctors? What is it? I'm feeling really nervous and on edge about it, and think about it all night and day. I just feel scared it's something serious.

Also, I didn't know where to post this, but as I suffer with health anxiety, I thought someone might be able to give me advice.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You can't get medical advice here go back to your doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BrigidCooley

Okay, thank you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Mod note

As Stheno says, no one here is able to give medical advice, you should go back to your doctor if you're concerned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement