If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact

Work Related Stress

  • 11-11-2017 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

    Who is the best person or professional body to get help from with regards to work-related stress?


  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭SeanPuddin_

    Your boss.

  • Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

    Much would depend on the nature of the issue. Is there a particular issue at work (overworked, being assigned tasks outside of your ability, issues with management, etc) that is causing you particular stress? If so, then the first step would be to speak to someone at work about it, be it your boss, HR, etc, depending on the nature of the issue.

    If the issue is outside the control of your employer, and is more an issue you have with yourself, rather than with your employer, then seeking professional help from a counsellor or therapist might be a better option.

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

    Some companies have an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), this might be something to explore.