Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if you fail maths?

Options
  • 11-11-2017 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm in 5th year and doing OL Maths. I've never been good at maths and at JC OL I got a C. In all my class tests so far I've gotten around 15% and barely understand anything in maths. I have been considering foundation level but I've heard it means you can't go to university? I don't know so I was wondering what happens if you fail maths. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It doesn't mean you can't go to university. It means you cannot enter any of the courses that look for a pass in OL or HL Maths.

Courses that will accept Foundation Maths (check each one yourself in case they have changed):
    From the excellent St. Ciaran's Community School (Kells) site (pdf file)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 e567

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I was not a maths person ever. We are out there really!

So I repeated and my sister was a whizzer at the maths and I was good at the literature and history, she was a year behind me. We got each other through. I got a low maths mark but enough. Whew!

That was donkey's years ago but the same principle applies.

I took early retirement from CS as a higher grade PO. What were they thinking! In clover now.

It can be done OP.

Advertisement