If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

Tool identification - Golf MK3

  • 11-11-2017 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

    Hi all,

    Can anyone tell me what these are? (see attached photo)
    Found them in the service wallet of a VW GOLF MK3.


  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jimjom

    Photo attached.

  • Registered Users Posts: 73,213 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

    Looks like they came with the radio, the screw bit screws into the back of the stereo and locates in a recess in the dash. Rubber plug goes on the end.
    Other think may be a radio removal tool, goes in the little slots on the front

  • Registered Users Posts: 18,641 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

    Do the wheels have nuts or bolts? The middle one looks like a guide for putting the wheels on if bolts are used. The left could be for popping hud caps or other trim, like a covered tow eye.

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

    Yeah it looks like parts off a radio

  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jimjom

    Thanks for the replies.
    Yes the left must be a radio tool.

    The rubber screws onto the top of the metal poll. Still not sure.

  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,213 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

    The bolt and rubber end is to stop the radio wobbling about.

  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jimjom

    colm_mcm wrote: »
    The bolt and rubber end is to stop the radio wobbling about.

    I see.
    Thanks all for the quick replies. Quicker than I thought!