Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warm white or cool white? Which do you prefer?

Options
  • 11-11-2017 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,169 ✭✭✭✭

Since the advent of LED bulbs on the market, we have had the choice of selecting how warm or cool we like our light.

I have tried a few cool ones, and they can suit a certain location ok, such as outdoor lights.

However, still warm for me indoors.

Tried a cool bulb in the living room and it felt like I was in an interrogation centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

It depends on the level of natural light in the room. If you have rooms that need artificial light in the daytime then it's cool white or daylight light for me.
    We have a galley kitchen with no natural light. We have 2 types of lights here, both cool white and warm and I hate the warm white.

Also in my parents house they adapted their bathroom which resulted in having a much smaller window so the natural light was very poor, warm white was horrible there too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Candlemania

ahayes84 wrote: »
    (...) I hate the warm white.

Also in my parents house they adapted their bathroom which resulted in having a much smaller window so the natural light was very poor, warm white was horrible there too.

Each to their own, of course, but when I look out through the window in the evening and see my neighbour's house, where they have dim cold white LED bulbs in their kitchen and bedrooms, I feel like I'm living next to a mortuary... eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Each to their own, of course, but when I look out through the window in the evening and see my neighbour's house, where they have dim cold white LED bulbs in their kitchen and bedrooms, I feel like I'm living next to a mortuary... eek!

Well I wouldn't put it in a bedroom but for rooms with poor or no natural light it's great

Advertisement