Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coding or bug?

Options
  • 10-11-2017 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭

I wonder of someone can explain what is going on with the Independent web page. I have used different browsers on 3 different laptops and see the same results.

Basically when I click on an article from the main page and then click the back button to go back to the main page nothing happens. If I right click on the back button I see multiple entries for the article page, meaning that I would have to click the back button multiple times to get back to the main page. Hopefully you can see what I mean from this link.

I am wondering if this is done is done with code to keep visitors on a page or whether this is a bug somewhere. But a bug does not make sense to me as I said it happens on multiple laptops with multiple browsers.

If anybody can shed some light on what is going on it would be much appreciated.

independent.PNG?dl=0&oref=e&r=AAiRNn8zVNdGBPMcWrv1fuDt597c598Y-XErghQdsmv6TjvYTm9mBPf-cUyR6neyhleCPqPD4wJG5efSkdwujMsxc3AvR2D9JxvBW_c4D36oP2fhc9RWNfnXovhGVBd44tRefNpR1zi-TqV5evrHgDZK4vDF2WDAvKcExg40et6bQxpqfFjP7IuoEHjAENp0HKg&sm=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Works on my computer.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Cheers for checking.

Checked again with 3 different laptops and now only appears to happen in the firefox browser, so must be a bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Talisman

It's the advertisements that load after the page is loaded. If you step back through the history you will see the adverts change.

Advertisement