Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vale Oil Fill & Spill need ur advice/help!

Options
  • 10-11-2017 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

hi all,
    Vale oil Company filled up my neighbours oil tank on the 19.10.17, spilled loads of oil you can see by the pictures it came through the wall and flowed into my yard, and told no1, didnt tell customer, didnt report or follow acciendent report precedures, obviously when i 1st saw taught it was from my yard.
    found out by digging that it wasnt so afew days pasted went in to notify neighbour that he might have a leak but then told me about getting a fill, he rang vale the driver came out looked around done nothing, just left it again, trying to save hes own neck or job.
    im trying to be as nice as possible only to keep the peace with neighbour only for that i'd flip out and contact the EPA
    Now the neighbour rang vale oil and reported it to the owner he came out on took sample but the soo old school and seem not bothered by it please sees pics as the claim only 15 litres spilled which by the looks of it seems wrong:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

If you have a large amount of oil spilt you have a serious issue. You could require some or all of your garden to be dug up plus you may have issues with damage below boundary wall. Diesel or kerosene will turn clay to loose its strength and damage foundations. I'd be getting an expert and or insurance involved to have someone see how bad it is. It's hard to tell from pics but does it not stink of diesel smell ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 valeoilspill

the vale oil are treating it as nothing, surely the must be liable a month gone by and still nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I'd be getting on to my solicitors. That can effect the foundations of your house.

I had a small kero spill an got a product called S200 from these guys: http://www.cen.ie/contents/en-us/d31_BIOREMEDIATION_PRODUCTS.html It's a microbe that eats hydrocarbons.

The guy I dealt with (Tom) was very knowledgeable and will be able to advise you. Good luck.

Edit: and 15 litres is a lot of oil to spill. It's definitely solicitor time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 valeoilspill

dont think i can i say it smells anymore (i just dont know stressed out have 3 dogs out there) but it has been a month so i'd say its soaked underneath. and the wall looks soaked through in the brick and foundations

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

dont think i can i say it smells anymore (i just dont know stressed out have 3 dogs out there) but it has been a month so i'd say its soaked underneath. and the wall looks soaked through in the brick and foundations

Don't get complacent about it. It will just sink into your soil and contaminate it. It ill get into the sewers and your toilets will smell of oil. It's serious - you need to get it fixed sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Get on to the oil company and ask for the details of their insurance. That might persuade them to take it seriously.

Contacting the EPA shouldn't have any impact on your neighbour. If it's like that on your side of the wall, it's presumably worse on his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

A neigbour down the road had a relatively small spill for an outlet leak in his tank.
    Im pretty sure he went through his insurance but basically the whole garden down to subsoil I think was removed. It was a massive job

Advertisement