Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Higgins

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

• Registered Users Posts: 34,692 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

For a moment there I thought you meant our glorious leader :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He was great in the Irish RM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Higgy Baby!
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

He was also for a short time Chairman of the welcoming committee for the new sheriff of Rock Ridge.

Great actor, never knew he was from Texas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Amazed he wasn't English.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Hillerman was in Chinatown, one of the greatest movies of all time.

Before donning the well pressed, short sleeve shirt of Higgins for a decade of Magnum PI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

diomed wrote: »
    Amazed he wasn't English.

yep, always thought he was english....did the accent spot on

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Used to love it when he found out Magnum had done something wrong

"Oh........ My...............Goddddddddddd, Magum"

R.I.P.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

it usually involved taking the Ferrari

btw - we never got to see the master did we?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

RIP Higgins

As a kid growing up in the 1980s Magnum PI was must see TV, the music at the start was about as good as you will get as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

it usually involved taking the Ferrari

btw - we never got to see the master did we?

I thought he really was Robin Masters but would never admit it.

I thought he really was Robin Masters but would never admit it.

All was revealed in the last episode if I remember rightly- don't want to spoil things if there's some people are working their way through old boxsets.

RIP Higgins- always loved how he controlled the dobermans. Magnum was scared out of his wits of those dogs:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

He appeared in two other programmes as Jonathan Higgins: Murder, She Wrote, and Simon & Simon (for our younger viewers, a private detective show with fraternal detectives). I didn't like the character (you weren't supposed to) but Higgins was still a great character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

It's a real sign of getting older when all these iconic characters/musicians etc of a certain era pass away from old age or other natural causes.

RIP Higgy baby.

All was revealed in the last episode if I remember rightly- don't want to spoil things if there's some people are working their way through old boxsets.

please tell....(put a spoiler tag on it if needs be)

fryup wrote: »
    please tell....(put a spoiler tag on it if needs be)

Well, it's a bit complicated - here's wiki's account of it. I was always left feeling it was resolved in the final episode
    which I watched at the time, so the whole "cliffhanger" piece mentioned below went over my head and i just took Higgins response at face value.

Higgins is the estate manager for Robin Masters' beachfront estate on Oahu, commonly called "Robin's Nest". After Orson Welles (who voiced Robin Masters) died, the show's writers decided to have Thomas Magnum, a private investigator and Head of Security for Robin's Nest, begin to suspect Higgins is Robin Masters. It later became a long running gag in the series after Thomas told his friends Theodore "T.C." Calvin, and Orville "Rick" Wright about his idea. In the final episode of the series, Higgins tells Magnum that he really is Robin Masters. However, Higgins later recants at Rick's wedding. This left a cliffhanger, and 29 years later, still no one knows if Higgins is the mysterious and eccentric Robin Masters.

Advertisement