Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.Breville VDF105 Halo Plus Health Fryer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Prime exclusive.

I have one of these and it is without a doubt one of the best purchases I have ever made for the kitchen.

The drum itself rotates inside at a slight incline turning the food. It does not use a blade to turn your food into mush. This a far better method of cooking than the Philips etc type air fryers.

Top tip. Use the included handle under the fryer for half tilt rather than full or no tilt for larger food loads.

I payed €120 in Debenhams 2 years ago.

Look at the reviews.

£65.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-VDF105-Halo-Health-Fryer/dp/B00KIO2LC8/ref=sr_1_4?s=kitchen-appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1510302079&sr=1-4&dpID=515%252BWr93pEL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Have you used a Philips Airfryer that you can compare this to?
    Because I have two Philips Airfryers which are the best items I've ever purchased and I can't imagine this making crispier chips, I can't imagine it doing black and white pudding or potato waffles or fishcakes or numerous other foods because the turning motion would make absolute shïte out of them.

It's basically a halogen oven that turns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Have you used a Philips Airfryer that you can compare this to?
    Because I have two Philips Airfryers which are the best items I've ever purchased and I can't imagine this making crispier chips, I can't imagine it doing black and white pudding or potato waffles or fishcakes or numerous other foods because the turning motion would make absolute shïte out of them.

It's basically a halogen oven that turns.

Read the reviews.

Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i have that breville for two years, does not make mush out of puddings,or anything else either tbh, better than the actifry ,and i thought that was amazing lol

i have that breville for two years, does not make mush out of puddings,or anything else either tbh, better than the actifry ,and i thought that was amazing lol

Meatballs in sauce are amazing in it. Roll your mince and seasoning and a bit of olive olive oil in the halo for 10 mins and then throw in sauce for another 10 mins. Fantastico.

No shaking the basket crap here.:)

OmegaGene wrote: »
    40 one star reviews, here’s a random one

It blew up! I have kids this is a disgrace. Do not buy it. Yes the pan peels.yes the front cracks but my big issue is the halogen bulb blew up. I have contacted Breville.still waiting on a response. Massive blue spark came out of it and it wasn't even being used. Only 10 months old and taken care of as per instructions.i have gotten a huge fright as to the cause. A couple of feet away from me and my kids. Do not buy

Ffs, are the Philips brigade that pissed off that there might be another worthy competitor to the mighty Actifry.

Here are some 84 bad reviews for your glorious Actifry also from Amazon.

Showing 1-10 of 84 reviews(1 star). See all 2,249 reviews
    1.0 out of 5 starsVery Disappointing
    ByRobbo136on 19 April 2013
    Colour: Black|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Verified Purchase
    Not at all what I expected.

It produces dry, tasteless food.

I have trie all manner of settings and for chips, man kinds of potatoes, all have a similar result - awful.
    Comment| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
    Yes
    No
    Report abuse
    1.0 out of 5 starsWaste of time and money.
    ByLilyon 5 December 2012
    Just returned mine. Chips do not in anyway resemble the deep fried chip.

Roast potatoes came out crisp but went soft in seconds after hitting the plate.

Save your money and keep to the usual way of frying or oven cooking your food.
    Comment| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
    Yes
    No
    Report abuse
    1.0 out of 5 starsNo where near as good as the activity
    BySmileron 19 May 2013
    This really is not a good machine, it's a shame because it looks really stylish and has a smaller footprint than the activity but it really doesn't make good chips, which for me was the main purpose in buying it.
    Yes
    No
    Report abuse
    1.0 out of 5 starsVery disappointing!
    ByR. Hodgeson 18 August 2013
    Very disappointed with this product!

Felt poorly made and above all the chips were not as expected, pale and not crisp?

Plus this is limited to other foods which can be cooked in it compared to another Brand of fryer on the market!
    Comment| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
    Yes
    No
    Report abuse
    1.0 out of 5 starsPoor Philips
    ByKAREN ANNE TANNERon 29 July 2014
    Supplier very promp and well packaged t but unfortunately do not rate air fryer as chips are crispy for about 10 seconds then they go flat - yuk
    Comment| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
    Yes
    No
    Report abuse
    1.0 out of 5 starsIn cupboard never to be used again.
    ByBillspainon 12 July 2013
    Very poor product, gone back to my deep fat fryer, tried it using small amount of oil, chips unevenly cooked, followed instructions, constantly shaking basket, not a patch on my deep fat fryer.
    Comment|Was this review helpful to you?
    Yes
    No
    Report abuse
    1.0 out of 5 starsThis was a waste of money the chips turn out dark brown
    ByGloria McCarthyon 15 April 2015
    This was a waste of money the chips turn out dark brown, they turn out better when baked in the oven with spray oil.
    The jacket potatoes take just as long as in the oven. The chocolate cake was cooked uneven and heavy. I haven't had the heart to try anything else. I think most thing will taste just as good cooked in a normal oven. This appliance just takes up space in my kitchen and will probably go the same way as the bread maker - to the charity shop.
    Comment| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
    Yes
    No
    Report abuse
    1.0 out of 5 starshealthy perhaps but not worth the money for poor
    Bypeter berrisfordon 21 May 2015
    it's a lot of money for a fryer,healthy perhaps but not worth the money for poor chips
    Yes
    No
    Report abuse
    1.0 out of 5 starsStill trying to get slimming world chips the correct shade ...
    ByAmazon Customeron 29 July 2015
    Still trying to get slimming world chips the correct shade of golden brown, I don't think for me it was worth the amount of money.
    Yes
    No
    Report abuse
    1.0 out of 5 starsThe chips came out like oven chips but worse
    ByR. Pearceon 30 November 2016
    The chips came out like oven chips but worse, had absolutely no flavor to them. They were not crispy in the slightest. They were not cooked evenly, some were dark and over cooked, others were pale despite shaking them twice in-between cooking.
    I bought this as a replacement to a deep fat fryer. I would not recommend this.
    One benefit, it will certainly save me money on chips - as I won't be making any more in this!

ps, Heres a nice hanbag to put your Actifry in...just saying,
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/HCFKJ-Leather-Handbag-Shoulder-Crossbody/dp/B0753CY3BP/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1510345033&sr=8-12&keywords=big+handbag

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

ps, Heres a nice hanbag to put your Actifry in...just saying,

6b85347c9d6c473ec32899fe8fc3704b--vic-reeves-comedy-tv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

If you never make chips is there any point to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Read the reviews.

Simple.

Joner,

Don't put down the mighty Phillips fryer that half the people of bargain alerts bought as their FIRST air fryer, they will be after you like a gang of vigilantes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

ArthurG wrote: »
    If you never make chips is there any point to this?

Yes, you can cook pretty much any frozen stuff in it also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Ffs, are the Philips brigade that pissed off that there might be another worthy competitor to the mighty Actifry
    They are pissed off since you quite obviously came in here with the aim of antagonising people, well done you did a fantastic job of that.

You did a terrible job of letting people know the pros & cons and of letting people know if this is indeed a bargain, a brutal job of that, so people are pissed off that people considering getting something like this are none the wiser.
    This a far better method of cooking than the Philips etc type air fryers.
    What was the main issues with all these other ones? They might be a non issues for many people
    Have you used a Philips Airfryer that you can compare this to?.
    still waiting for an answer for this.

I don't even know which one you are talking about, you might have them confused as you keep saying actifry which is the tefal machine. I have only see 1 person ever saying the tefal was better than philips, who did have both. All others who I ever saw (who had actually owned or used the actifry) said the philips was better. The actifry is very prone to breaking.

I cook 1.7kg whole chickens in the philips standard size, I do cakes & pizza too, not sure if this one can do those. It has a max weight listed as 1.25kg so even if a chicken did fit I would not be confident that the motor can hold out. The philips basket is said to hold 800g but can be removed to fit a chicken in. The rotating only appears to rotate small items like chips or objects which would roll about on that small incline.

All those negative reviews you quoted were about chips, and I am not sure what the reviews were for actifry or airfryer. Either way I expect many of those reviewers would have had similar comments if they had used an actifry/airfryer or this breville. You are not going to get chipper style chips by pouring a miserable teaspoon of oil over a kilo of raw potato chips -some think these machines are magical or something and so then give negative reviews.

rubadub wrote: »
    They are pissed off since you quite obviously came in here with the aim of antagonising people, well done you did a fantastic job of that.

You did a terrible job of letting people know the pros & cons and of letting people know if this is indeed a bargain, a brutal job of that, so people are pissed off that people considering getting something like this are none the wiser.

What was the main issues with all these other ones? They might be a non issues for many people

still waiting for an answer for this.

I don't even know which one you are talking about, you might have them confused as you keep saying actifry which is the tefal machine. I have only see 1 person ever saying the tefal was better than philips, who did have both. All others who I ever saw (who had actually owned or used the actifry) said the philips was better. The actifry is very prone to breaking.

I cook 1.7kg whole chickens in the philips standard size, I do cakes & pizza too, not sure if this one can do those. It has a max weight listed as 1.25kg so even if a chicken did fit I would not be confident that the motor can hold out. The philips basket is said to hold 800g but can be removed to fit a chicken in. The rotating only appears to rotate small items like chips or objects which would roll about on that small incline.

All those negative reviews you quoted were about chips, and I am not sure what the reviews were for actifry or airfryer. Either way I expect many of those reviewers would have had similar comments if they had used an actifry/airfryer or this breville. You are not going to get chipper style chips by pouring a miserable teaspoon of oil over a kilo of raw potato chips -some think these machines are magical or something and so then give negative reviews.

You really need to let it go :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You really need to let it go :p
    So you haven't used any, just as everyone expected, nothing but a pathetic worthless troll.

At least people can make an informed choice now, would hate to see people lead astray by malicious c***s...

rubadub wrote: »
    So you haven't used any, just as everyone expected, nothing but a pathetic worthless troll.

At least people can make an informed choice now, would hate to see people lead astray by malicious c***s...

I am reporting you as your are insulting for the sake of insulting.

If you can't make an informed decision on your opinion by using search functions of the technology available to you in this modern era (Google) and you think that I am going to take you by the hand and lead you through the minefield that is other peoples opinions... then think again.

Away with you.

I am reporting you as your are insulting for the sake of insulting.

If you can't make an informed decision on your opinion by using search functions of the technology available to you in this modern era (Google) and you think that I am going to take you by the hand and lead you through the minefield that is other peoples opinions... then think again.

Away with you.

27.5k posts and your going on like your opinion means something. How are you still here, oh wait, this is the bargain alerts section :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

27.5k posts and your going on like your opinion means something. How are you still here, oh wait, this is the bargain alerts section :P

Have you been drunk the last few days?

Kuva wrote: »
    Have you been drunk the last few days?

I was away. Why, did I miss something wort while ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Cut out the crap. Dont post unless you are going to contribute something helpful to the thread.

Instant ban for anyone ignoring this warning.

Advertisement