Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raspberry Pi 3 Model B with Free fast shipping $29.99 / €25.74 @ Arrow.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Mega Cheers
    Fastest shipping I every seen and free.
    Used fedex. No issue with duty
    Ordered Tuesday afternoon Delivered today

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Mine showed up with UPS this morning - a nice €41 charge from them...

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

bertie4evr wrote: »
    Mine showed up with UPS this morning - a nice €41 charge from them...

I would question this it maybe because they had the normal price and shipping on they invoice on box buy if you show them your invoice for the cost they may refund you.

Bought one last year and fedex after send me letter for import taxs due. But when i called they had cleared the payments due to this exact issue of wrong pricing. You have nothing to loose to see if they did the same this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

yeah arrow messes up they put in original pricing happened few months back last time they ran the deal which worked out just over 23e,and still got fedex invoice looking for 25e, others got far higher amounts up to 50-70e :D.

the positive last time was they messed up with charges so many got pi zero w shipped for free,and given their methods shipping costs prob more then item itself,which was nice gesture.

as above advise get in touch with UPS and send them original paypal invoice,since think vat kicks in at 22e mark but theres some flexibility as i understood from others who know better,at how such small amounts shouldn't attract more then tenner on top if anything at all, arrow dont seem like small company and it should be their duty at the end to put proper priced invoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

scamalert wrote: »
    yeah arrow messes up they put in original pricing happened few months back last time they ran the deal which worked out just over 23e,and still got fedex invoice looking for 25e, others got far higher amounts up to 50-70e :D.

the positive last time was they messed up with charges so many got pi zero w shipped for free,and given their methods shipping costs prob more then item itself,which was nice gesture.

as above advise get in touch with UPS and send them original paypal invoice,since think vat kicks in at 22e mark but theres some flexibility as i understood from others who know better,at how such small amounts shouldn't attract more then tenner on top if anything at all, arrow dont seem like small company and it should be their duty at the end to put proper priced invoice.

Looking at the breakdown UPS charged €22.96 worth of VAT and added a €15 "Brokerage" fee on top. They then charged VAT of €3.45 on top of that!

• Advertisement

https://www.ups.com/upsemail/input?loc=en_IE thats irish link to email support select billing and include bank stransfer Payplal invoice and ask them to break it down for you, how 25e attracted the cost,also arrow chat is online 24.7 so worth talking with them as well,since they can issue you proper invoice,with discount price and not original.

At €25.74 you are liable for €5.92 vat and this falls under the de minimis amount of €6 so should not be collected. Anybody charges you, they shouldn't have and you can quote them the law from the links in the previous page.

However with exchange rates and so forth you are cutting it very fine. For me it wouldn't have been worth the risk.

When I was buying. PayPal conversion was putting it at 26.30 euro or something.
    I paid in dollars and tock a screen shot of the conversion on de. In case I needed it

The invoice with mine was for 34.99 dollar

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

bertie4evr wrote: »
    Looking at the breakdown UPS charged €22.96 worth of VAT and added a €15 "Brokerage" fee on top. They then charged VAT of €3.45 on top of that!

I remember getting a skateboard from the states. UPS 'paid customs on my behalf' and then charged me for the service and VAT on top. Unfortunately, I was too young to no any better.

Having said that, I know I was liable for tax but I didn't need my UPS mates looking out for me. Not bitter at all. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Mine came today with no extra charge.

By the way, anyone know if a 3 amp USB charger would be OK as a power supply?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Just received a "follow up" invoice for this (it had been delivered last month within a couple of days of ordering!).
    The invoice is from FedEx for €9.80 under the headings "Original VAT" €9.80 and further down it is listed as "Disbursements out of scope of EU VAT".

Not a huge deal, but just wondering if anyone else who ordered received the same? And are we actually liable for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Just received a "follow up" invoice for this (it had been delivered last month within a couple of days of ordering!).
    The invoice is from FedEx for €9.80 under the headings "Original VAT" €9.80 and further down it is listed as "Disbursements out of scope of EU VAT".

Not a huge deal, but just wondering if anyone else who ordered received the same? And are we actually liable for it?

Chat with Arrow online chat team they will pay the vat....

I received a Vat invoice from Fed Ex too for about €24. I didn't pay it at first because Christmas was happening but I had it in the back of my mind and I looked at the Arrow site. They do say that they provide a customs service, so do the likes of Amazon. So I paid the bill when I got the second reminder because I might need the Fed Ex service again.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

So after web-chatting with support for a few mins, they say that the "free shipping" promotion only referred to the actual shipping fee, and that they do not cover any such payments, except where they deliver from within the EU to EU.

Ah well. 9 bucks. Not the end of the world... :)

So after web-chatting with support for a few mins, they say that the "free shipping" promotion only referred to the actual shipping fee, and that they do not cover any such payments, except where they deliver from within the EU to EU.

Ah well. 9 bucks. Not the end of the world... :)
    well at least it wasnt for like 30-60e like many got i think ive gotten for 25etc but then everyone got in touch with fedex and never really heard back from them.9e might as well pay it, but as far as arrow goes they def mess up so prob worth to watch out to any deals they offer in the future,since i know they advertised free delivery ww etc, but seems shipping companies dont have same contracts in EU as in US.

Hi
    Yes also got invoice €9.32
    I've emailed FedEx asking why I was invoiced when it was below the level Revenue collect

I'll let ya know what they have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

I got one, i was like wtf?

deckie27 wrote: »
    Hi
    I've emailed FedEx asking why I was invoiced when it was below the level Revenue collect

That's what i was thinking, i thought there was a min of 35e before they'd bother.
    Please let us know how you get on. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

As far as I can make out "Disbursements out of scope of EU VAT" is an Admin charge by FedEx (hence it is 'out of scope' of EU VAT). They have decided to charge you for them having to collect any Customs, VAT and/or any other charges and then passing it on.

I could be wrong, but that is my understanding of it.

I also think you could contact Arrow and tell them that FedEX are trying to charge you admin fees, after Arrows offer was "free International overnight shipping". That offer seems to have finished now, it must have caused them a serious headache, but was available at the time and there should be no charges at all if your overall cost (including free shipping) was roughly €26, as that would fall in the negligible amount category.

Arrow Live Support is here https://www.arrow.com/

I'd imagine invoices like these that arrive after the delivery find their way into the bin fairly easily.

• Advertisement

Hi

How'd that chat go? I just got a letter of control accounts, looking for €11.82 on the back of this.

asharkman wrote: »
    How'd that chat go? I just got a letter of control accounts, looking for €11.82 on the back of this.

thanks for the reminder
    I got an email a few days ago with a new invoice now at 8.35 euro

It has included a "pre-landing delivery cost. this landing delivery cost is the estimated freight cost if not included in the value of goods"? euro 10.76

I have just queried this restating I only paid 29.99 USD and a screenshot of my paypal payment

So it still continues

thanks for the reminder
    I got an email a few days ago with a new invoice now at 8.35 euro

It has included a "pre-landing delivery cost. this landing delivery cost is the estimated freight cost if not included in the value of goods"? euro 10.76

I have just queried this restating I only paid 29.99 USD and a screenshot of my paypal payment

So it still continues

Really bizarre. I emailed the debit collectors and they haven't gotten back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

asharkman wrote: »
    Really bizarre. I emailed the debit collectors and they haven't gotten back to me.

It is possible that they see you are questioning it, and it is not worth their time pursuing it. It is a crappy made up fee anyway and should be abolished.
    They already make a fair bit from their 'handling' fees.

Beware of the free shipping. FedEx will charge you VAT ( which is normal ) and then they'll charge you an advancement fee €12.50 ( in my case ) which is a fee they charge to appoint an agent to process the VAT. :(

It would have been cheaper in the long run to have bought the goods in Europe or China.

anyone looking to buy id say save few bob extra and get it of uk ebay or amazon, its made there originally anyway :cool:

since ive gotten couple when it was under 23e and still had same issues with fedex looking to tax it etc.

point is if getting one of these you need micro sd card, cable to switch on off,case- if youll actually use it long term -and all them few euros add up to a kit price eventually.

its fun to play with but unless one has some project its soon collecting dust.

Advertisement