Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!!Applied maths Christmas exam study help!!

Options
  • 09-11-2017 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi, I’m in 5th year and we have Christmas exams coming up in about a month.
    I wanna get a head start though and I know how to study my other subjects it’s just how could I study applied maths ? Like what should I do and what will help me ?
    So far we have done pulleys and wedges and just finished projectiles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭skippy1977

Do question after question after question. There is a bank of over 40 years of questions in each of the topics and there is lots of repetition so as you do more and more practice things should become more familiar. Go to www.examinations.ie for papers and marking schemes or better yet http://www.thephysicsteacher.ie/appliedmathshome.html for notes and solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Sb567

skippy1977 wrote: »
    Do question after question after question. There is a bank of over 40 years of questions in each of the topics and there is lots of repetition so as you do more and more practice things should become more familiar. Go to www.examinations.ie for papers and marking schemes or better yet http://www.thephysicsteacher.ie/appliedmathshome.html for notes and solutions.
    Thank you !

Our teacher gives us sheets too and I think there from an applied maths book on each topic so would they do aswell? I feel like he won’t give us a full exam question so far

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Celtron

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sort your past questions out by topic and revise them seperately - five pulley qs for example, then leave it. Next time, five projectile qs and one random pulley q for revision. It's easier to retain the info that way rather than doing complete papers which involve a lot of topics.

Advertisement