Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT TakeOver WarGames

Options
  • 09-11-2017 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

WWE-NXT-TakeOver-War-Games.png

Taking place the night before Survivor Series..

*Singles match for the WWE United Kingdom Championship
    Pete Dunne (c) vs. Johnny Gargano *Dark match

WarGames match
    The Authors of Pain and Roderick Strong vs. Sanity (Alexander Wolfe, Eric Young and Killian Dain) vs. The Undisputed Era (Adam Cole, Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly)

Fatal four-way match for the vacant NXT Women's Championship
    Ember Moon vs. Kairi Sane vs. Nikki Cross vs. Peyton Royce (with Billie Kay)

Singles Match
    Aleister Black vs. The Velveteen Dream

Singles Match
    Kassius Ohno vs. Lars Sullivan

Singles match for the NXT Championship
    Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas (with Zelina Vega)

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Shame that the UK title is a dark match. Probably shown on the NXT afterwards? Looking forward to War Games the Women's 4 Way.

What do you guys think of Drew leading NXT, and is anyone behind Almas getting a title shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,393 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder will the two rings be out for the full show or will they put up the second ring and cage during an intermission/backstage promo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

At a guess, the 2nd ring will be added during break/backstage promos. I'd imagine it'd be awkward with both rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Shame that the UK title is a dark match. Probably shown on the NXT afterwards? Looking forward to War Games the Women's 4 Way.

What do you guys think of Drew leading NXT, and is anyone behind Almas getting a title shot?

Not totally sold on Drew as the top guy but I like him well enough. Almas has had some great matches lately so I’ve no objection to him getting a shot.

The women’s match seems set up for Peyton to win with Billie’s assistance. They’re overloaded with faces on the women’s side so they’ve more options if Peyton wins, especially if she’s cheating. Would like to see Ember or Nikki win otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,639 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I wonder will the two rings be out for the full show or will they put up the second ring and cage during an intermission/backstage promo's.

I'd assume the cage will be above the ring/rings before the war games match starts. I love the war games gimmick. Would they get the second ring up that quickly in a backstage promo ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought the Ohno match was on NXT next week. Must've misheard.

I thought they might have the second ring set up since it would mean just having a big empty space for the rest of the show. But if it was set up, some people would get a pretty crappy view the whole show.

And would think the Street Profits match would be on there as well since it's been getting more build than the random Ohno match

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Will Michael Buffer do the ring announcing for Wargames?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

jaykhunter wrote: »

I'm not really a fan of Drew, but I've no problem with him being NXT champion. I'm glad Almas is getting a title shot, think he's super talented. He was unlucky at the start not having a big fan base in the NXT crowd from before he arrived, and also not getting theme music that the crowd could sing along with. I'd love if they put that Dunne vs Gargano on the takeover card and make it a 3 hour show, that match could be incredible. I'm really looking forward to the show, it's a good card. Not that interested in war games, but I trust with it being on a takeover that it will be good.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I can hardly believe I saw Pete Dunne, Aleister Black, and Killian Daine in Dolan's Warehouse in Limerick. Credit to OTT for bringing some great talent in for their shows and bringing more exposure to up-and-coming performers. It's still a weird feeling to see these guys on the Network.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Drew is the right kind of guy to present as Champion. Might have won too quick, most get a rivalry to push them into challenging for the title.

Not sure Roode or Strong were the right opponents for him. Its not exactly Joe and Balor or Owens and Zayn, Zayn and Cesaro.

Needs that major opponent/hot rivalry though, even this Alamas bout seems off as Drew is also in a on off rivalry with Adam Cole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,962 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

looking forward to the ppv but part of me thinks the war games match is going to be a massive cluster****

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Can see drew losing tonight and being on main roster quick enough.

Almas againist gargano at rumble takeover ciampa back then costing johnny the title thats my dream anyway

Drew might be that babyface SD needs but we see how Nakamura and Roode are being treated there atm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

PTH2009 wrote: »
    looking forward to the ppv but part of me thinks the war games match is going to be a massive cluster****

NXT have a great tag/Tornado Tag rules record so I think it could be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

e-6Ut4ZBmNLVxEDfkRV7lIMWwIUJBtyV1SKqYxgzuRQ.png?w=1024&e-6Ut4ZBmNLVxEDfkRV7lIMWwIUJBtyV1SKqYxgzuRQ.png?w=1024&

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Is this a 12am or 1am start time?

Is this a 12am or 1am start time?

00.30- pre show
    1am PPV start

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see Adam Cole got 7 staples after his match with Drew last night. Wonder if it'll affect his match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Does it sound like someone is playing the bongos for anyone else?

Lars could be a star

Very good match there. Ohno perfect guy to get him ready

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Adiboo wrote: »

Yup. Thought it was the pipes knocking here in the house!

How f'n cool is Aleistar Black?

I think he may have the most potential of all in NXT at the moment.

Velveteen stealing Rick Rude's gimmick

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    How f'n cool is Aleistar Black?

I think he may have the most potential of all in NXT at the moment.

His whole aura is so cool but i havent got into his matches as of yet

Adiboo wrote: »

It's seems to be getting worse

Whatever it is

• Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Aleister Black tries too hard to be cool.

The Velveteen Dream is effortless.

1st time seeing the dream but im loving it

Great match so far

Just seen on twitter dream is only 22 got so much potential

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    1st time seeing the dream but im loving it

Is he suppose to be a tough gay guy ???

What a cool move he just done, amazing that this guy didn't win tough enough and the guy who did got released

Advertisement