Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for a tabletop gamer

Options
  • 09-11-2017 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

I've a mate with a birthday coming up. He's gotten really into tabletop gaming in recent years (Warhammer I think), but I know nothing about it.

I want to get him something decent, but I'm aware that me buying anything would be like buying a toolbox from Halfords for a professional mechanic.

He's into the gaming, but also painting miniatures, etc, and enjoys going to physical shops and browsing more than buying stuff online.

A voucher is probably best, but for what and where? :)

Suggestions appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭richie.c

http://www.hobbyzone.pl/en/5-tables-for-painting/
    I have the large one and find it great. They also have lots of other storage solutions for painters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

If he's based around Dublin a voucher for gamers world is probably your best bet.

Even if you know the forces/games he's playing you still run the chance of duplication stuff he has if you buy for him.

If you know anyone he play with regularly they may be able to advise you on what specific unit/item your friend might want/need to add to his forces.

Advertisement