Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Wiha precision screwdriver set €17.47 Banggood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Nice set and wiha but handle looks odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Thanks just purchased a set for myself! I wanted a precision screwdriver set for a while now. Is there anything Xiaomi don't have in their line up? :) Out of interest what do these normally sell for?

Dard23 wrote: »
    Out of interest what do these normally sell for?
    This launched a few months ago and most times i've checked they are around €20-25 shipped on Banggood/Gearbest/Aliexpress.

With coupons and flash sales i've seen them under €20 a few times but this is the cheapest so far. It's not a massive saving but it's a nice set and very giftable due to the nice presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I've paid not much less for a 12pce draper set. Lost one or two of them over the years and needs replacing.

This looks much better.

Are the heads magnetised?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

sdanseo wrote: »
    I've paid not much less for a 12pce draper set. Lost one or two of them over the years and needs replacing.

This looks much better.

On the sales page it say "with magnetism".

Best to check some of the review videos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭PreCocious

sdanseo wrote: »

This looks much better.

The tips are magnetised. Lovely quality and this is a good price. The handle is nice and has an good swivel on top. One thing to note is that they aren't visibly insulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

This is on iBuygou for €14.66 with code wiha24

Unfortunately it does not seem to get great reviews despite having the partnership names of Wiha and Xiaomi. Many of the reviews that i have read prevented me from buying it.

I bought this set instead for the pricepoint. It has not yet arrived.
    https://www.tvc-mall.com/details/nanch-precision-screwdriver-set-with-22-magnetic-bits-for-all-electronics-devices-sku231400747a.html

There is only one review for the Xiaomi/Wiha set on Amazon and even though there is a big price difference they still mention the poor quality (and are aware of the price difference it sells for). It is worth noting, that despite the 2 stars, the reviewer still rates the set as quite decent.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075MCK7K6/#customerReviews

Other reviews mention stuck screws disfiguring the tips (instead of the tips taking hold of the screw or cutting a hole into the screw head).

Never heard of that site but price indeed seems $3 cheaper. Will check them in future for price comparison.

Reviews and comments of the Xiaomi Wiha set are overwhelmingly postive, I believe Wiha confirmed they are making the bits.

I can show dozens of bad reviews for the Nanch set you posted. From Amazon:
    "Had high hopes, looks and feels good, says S2 steel....not even close. T5 bit stripped almost instantly, with almost no torque. Very disappointed."
    "Torx 5 bit in this set does not match physical size of a true #5 Torx tip."
    "Tip crumbled after one use. Emailed the Seller - no response whatsoever."
    "I was initially pleased with this set, until I tried to unscrew a Torx size 8, and the head of the bit just splintered."
    "The material looks and works great under load. But the design is not accurate enough, or as one other customer has put it, poor machining..."

End of day we can find positive and negative reviews for anything. I have confidence in Wiha bits, I doubt they would do this collaboration if it hurt their brand name.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Never heard of that site but price indeed seems $3 cheaper. Will check them in future for price comparison.

Reviews and comments of the Xiaomi Wiha set are overwhelmingly postive, I believe Wiha confirmed they are making the bits.

I can show dozens of bad reviews for the Nanch set you posted. From Amazon:
    "Had high hopes, looks and feels good, says S2 steel....not even close. T5 bit stripped almost instantly, with almost no torque. Very disappointed."
    "Torx 5 bit in this set does not match physical size of a true #5 Torx tip."
    "Tip crumbled after one use. Emailed the Seller - no response whatsoever."
    "I was initially pleased with this set, until I tried to unscrew a Torx size 8, and the head of the bit just splintered."
    "The material looks and works great under load. But the design is not accurate enough, or as one other customer has put it, poor machining..."

End of day we can find positive and negative reviews for anything. I have confidence in Wiha bits, I doubt they would do this collaboration if it hurt their brand name.

"Tips crumble under one use".BS. I've used this set. Top notch, as with pretty much anything I've purchased with their name attached to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭randomname2005

dodzy wrote: »
    "Tips crumble under one use".BS. I've used this set. Top notch, as with pretty much anything I've purchased with their name attached to it.

Xiaomi or Wiha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It was not an attack on the Xiaomi Wiha set. I was just posting what i had read. I had intended on buying the set and the posts and reviews that i have read put me off.
    The set that i purchased was only €14 at the time and looked the better option. It may not be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Arrived this morning - ordered 8th November! Very pleased with it so far, seems top notch.

Pete67 wrote: »
    Arrived this morning - ordered 8th November! Very pleased with it so far, seems top notch.
    Same here, I ordered one as an xmas gift on the 8th and it came today.

5-6 weeks looks to be about the norm this time of year for unregistered parcels from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Same here, I ordered one as an xmas gift on the 8th and it came today.

5-6 weeks looks to be about the norm this time of year for unregistered parcels from China.

Interestingly, I ordered a drone from lightinthebox on Nov 30, but I did it through Parcel Motel. I picked it up today. Looks like if you need it in a quicker time, you'd be better to use PM.

Advertisement