Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When there are 3 collections in a month

Options
  • 08-11-2017 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi All :)

Just looking for some clarification seeing as Greyhound can never bother to reply!

I am on a monthly charge of 18.50 plus 30c per kg over 42kg - that's fine....

In October, there were 3 black bin collections (i didn't notice this at the start of the month) My first two collections came to exactly 42kg, happy days i thought - there was then another collection on the 31st October bringing me up to 64kg - additional charges put on my account for 6.60euro!

I know it's not much, and possibly my own fault for not realizing there was 3 collections to be done but is this standard practice??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

Hi All :)

Just looking for some clarification seeing as Greyhound can never bother to reply!

I am on a monthly charge of 18.50 plus 30c per kg over 42kg - that's fine....

In October, there were 3 black bin collections (i didn't notice this at the start of the month) My first two collections came to exactly 42kg, happy days i thought - there was then another collection on the 31st October bringing me up to 64kg - additional charges put on my account for 6.60euro!

I know it's not much, and possibly my own fault for not realizing there was 3 collections to be done but is this standard practice??
    Hardly greyhounds fault that there are 3 Mondays in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Not saying that it is, hence why i said it's probably my own fault :rolleyes:
    And it's Tuesdays, not Mondays....

I just asked the question, is that standard practice? It just means that on months where there are 3 collections (maybe it's the only one in the year, i don't know!), then it's always going to be more expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

Not saying that it is, hence why i said it's probably my own fault :rolleyes:
    And it's Tuesdays, not Mondays....

I just asked the question, is that standard practice? It just means that on months where there are 3 collections (maybe it's the only one in the year, i don't know!), then it's always going to be more expensive!
    It's twice a year.

Advertisement