Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concealed Gas Boiler instalation

Options
  • 08-11-2017 3:57pm

Hello all,

I am a tenant in an apartment that was fitted with a new boiler 2/3 months before I moved in, it made one year in October.
    The boiler is an Ideal Logic System 24IE, and it was installed in the bedroom by a RGI registred installer.

Today, the company I called to do the annual inspection said that couldn't do it because the installation done is a concealed one, and so they can't see where the flue exit (the flue tube goes directly from the boiler to the ceiling).
    He also pointed out that there is some sort of leaking in the pipes (not the ones connected directly to the boiler, but in the ones that are two rooms apart, near the gas supply). The copper pipes are all covered in a greenish plaque in the outside.

I've never heard about any of this, so I did some searching and got to the conclusion that the installation done is illegal.

Now, my question is: how can I solve this issue? Is the guy which installed the boiler obliged to come back and get open the flue directly to the outside wall?

Is it dangerous to have this system like this?

Should I complain to my landlord and do a formal complaint to RGI?

Any advice anyone can give would be very appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

Hello all,

I am a tenant in an apartment that was fitted with a new boiler 2/3 months before I moved in, it made one year in October.
    The boiler is an Ideal Logic System 24IE, and it was installed in the bedroom by a RGI registred installer.

Today, the company I called to do the annual inspection said that couldn't do it because the installation done is a concealed one, and so they can't see where the flue exit (the flue tube goes directly from the boiler to the ceiling).
    He also pointed out that there is some sort of leaking in the pipes (not the ones connected directly to the boiler, but in the ones that are two rooms apart, near the gas supply). The copper pipes are all covered in a greenish plaque in the outside.

I've never heard about any of this, so I did some searching and got to the conclusion that the installation done is illegal.

Now, my question is: how can I solve this issue? Is the guy which installed the boiler obliged to come back and get open the flue directly to the outside wall?

Is it dangerous to have this system like this?

Should I complain to my landlord and do a formal complaint to RGI?

Any advice anyone can give would be very appreciated!

Add some pictures if you can.

rightjob! wrote: »
    Add some pictures if you can.

Because I'm a new member, boards doesn't allow me to post pictures, sorry!

Advertisement