Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert History project

Options
  • 07-11-2017 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey!
    I am a 5th year student and we are currently deciding on our History projects but I have no idea what to do. We are doing later History (1815-1993) so It has to be during that time. We also have to choose something that isn’t in the History course.

I know I want to do something on either:
    -Nazi Germany Or
    -Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Both of these are in the course but we were told we can do something in the course if it’s different etc. I know for a fact I don’t want to do Irish History so that’s completely out but I really don’t know what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Emmagreen2 wrote: »
    Hey!
    I am a 5th year student and we are currently deciding on our History projects but I have no idea what to do. We are doing later History (1815-1993) so It has to be during that time.
    Not the case - you can do any topic from any time as long as it is before 1989
    We also have to choose something that isn’t in the History course.
    Again - not true - the only restrictions are you cannot do a case study or a biography of a key personality
    I know for a fact I don’t want to do Irish History so that’s completely out but I really don’t know what to do.
    Pick something that you are interested in and go for it -

Have a look here - it might help

https://leavingcerthistory.net/research-projects/

https://leavingcerthistory.net/research-projects/4th-year-projects/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

how about you can choose something from your local area - easy to research, corrector gets something new to read, you learn something new about your area, easy to do research with local personality. any students I've come across with a local history project usually do very well in topic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

how about you can choose something from your local area - easy to research, corrector gets something new to read, you learn something new about your area, easy to do research with local personality. any students I've come across with a local history project usually do very well in topic.

It's also what the Chief Examiner wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Emmagreen2

Hey! I am in 5th year and we have to decide now what we want to do for our leaving certificate history project.

We are doing the Later Course(1815/1993) and my teacher wants us to do something that isn’t on the leaving cert course so it will be better to research etc.

I know for a fact I don’t want to do local history. I know the chief examiner likes those but honestly I think I would struggle with that.

I’m not sure what I want to do but I have a few options but unsure as to they would be good or not. If anyone has any more suggestions please please post them!! :)

My ideas:
    -Joseph Kouhout(Heinz Heger) A man who was imprisioned for his homosexuality.
    -Manson Family Murders

I would like to do something on either
    -German History
    -Murdery sort of thing.

Thanks! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Merged with your previous thread on the exact same topic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement