Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any1 changing network

Options
  • 07-11-2017 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

If your thinking about changing your phone provider,avoid three at all costs.the network is brutal bad and all the staff are useless and just ignore you or just fob you off,iv been complaining for over a year and no result,ive had to stop useing the number i had for 14 years and get a new 1 because i was locked in contract with these useless f##cks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from Net&Comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Wes79 wrote: »
    .the network is brutal bad

I live in the north east and have been with 3 about 8 years. During that time I have had very few issues with them. Overall I am happy with the service they provide me.
    all the staff are useless and just ignore you or just fob you off

Dealt with the call center staff previously. While they weren't bad they could improve themselves on communication a bit more. Any query that I have I will generally post on their Talk To forum here on Boards as I know it will be resolved.
    iv been complaining for over a year and no result

Have you escalated your complaint to Comreg? A year is a long time not to have a complaint addressed and resolved.
    these useless f##cks

^^^ this could be part of the problem. Hopefully in your dealings with 3 you did not talk to them in this manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I've been with two Irish networks ever, o2 and Three (moved pre takeover).

Three are fine, you just get what you pay for. When Three give you twice the allowance for the same money something else suffers, thats CS, billing systems, repairs etc.

You don't buy a lidl tshirt and expect the same quality as a Hollister one that costs 10x as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,733 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Each of the main networks have their issues...

3.. spotty signal coverage outside the main urban areas, not great indoors, network is oversubscribed... but it's cheap and has decent packages

eir.. better network, decent value packages... but their back-office operations (customer care and billing etc) is generally extremely poor

Vodafone.. best network of the three, but expensive with poor value for money packages. While they too suffer poor back office service, things normally just work OK

There is no "best" network here. It's just what you are prepared to trade-off on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I was like Ed E, always O2, three and Tesco. Then i changed to meteor/eir and what a difference. With prepay, you can't go wrong with any of them. VF terribly poor value for money compared to rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭raxy

The value you get from a mobile phone provider depends on your usage I guess. I had been with three for years. Poor coverage in most areas, especially indoors. Their 4g speeds are very poor even when in full coverage. Their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with, not limited to mobile providers! Had to contact comreg multiple times with them. Their store assistant threatened to have me removed from the shop when I complained when getting my phone repaired with them. all I said was that's bollox, not offensive or threatening.
    Tried Eir/meteor a couple of times. Coverage was not good enough in the places I need it but would be different for everyone. Didn't last long enough to deal with the CS but from having eir broadband before I would not be hopeful on that.
    Recently switched to vodafone & the difference in signal & call quality is amazing. When three's 4g service would get me 7-10mbs vodafone gives 45-50. Have only dealt with customer service in setting up the online account & applying the prepay deal because it wasn't applied before I topped up. Couldn't fault them, very friendly & efficient so far, same as i got in the shops.
    In terms of value each network you have to top up by €20 a month so they all cost me the same. you do get to keep your top up with three but they also don't provide a top up facility so unless you remember to top up before the deal expires they take all your credit in data charges. The only network to doing this as all the others have top up facilities in line with their prepay deals. I complained to Three about this multiple times but they obviously don't care because its working as they intend it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I was with 3 and it was hopeless, constantly losing calls/data patchy, the works. I wouldn't go near three again. I tested Meteor, it was good where I lived but around and about Dublin, it wasn't good enough.

I switched to Vodafone. Happy as Larry. They are the best. I am on PAYG, paying 30 euro a month and with the new data rollover, it works out great and I always have data remaining each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LaVidaEsAsi

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Each of the main networks have their issues...

3.. spotty signal coverage outside the main urban areas, not great indoors, network is oversubscribed... but it's cheap and has decent packages

eir.. better network, decent value packages... but their back-office operations (customer care and billing etc) is generally extremely poor

Vodafone.. best network of the three, but expensive with poor value for money packages. While they too suffer poor back office service, things normally just work OK

There is no "best" network here. It's just what you are prepared to trade-off on.

This is it really isn't it, we don't have a "best" network, it's a matter of trade-offs and I'm sure every one has their opinion on that. I've been with 02 (horrendous customer service problems), Vodafone (good coverage but too expensive), meteor (basically no signal where I live (worse than 3) - back in the day anyway) and now 3. With 3, I often don't have signal in my office building, and recently on a day off at home I watched as the phone constantly dropped and picked up signal all day long - very frustrating. However, I don't do a lot of calls/texts these days, but I need data, including when I'm on the go all the time really and 3 have all you can eat data. So there's where the decision is made. I will just stick with them...
    raxy wrote: »
    The value you get from a mobile phone provider depends on your usage I guess. I had been with three for years. Poor coverage in most areas, especially indoors. Their 4g speeds are very poor even when in full coverage. Their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with, not limited to mobile providers! Had to contact comreg multiple times with them. Their store assistant threatened to have me removed from the shop when I complained when getting my phone repaired with them. all I said was that's bollox, not offensive or threatening.
    Tried Eir/meteor a couple of times. Coverage was not good enough in the places I need it but would be different for everyone. Didn't last long enough to deal with the CS but from having eir broadband before I would not be hopeful on that.
    Recently switched to vodafone & the difference in signal & call quality is amazing. When three's 4g service would get me 7-10mbs vodafone gives 45-50. Have only dealt with customer service in setting up the online account & applying the prepay deal because it wasn't applied before I topped up. Couldn't fault them, very friendly & efficient so far, same as i got in the shops.
    In terms of value each network you have to top up by €20 a month so they all cost me the same. you do get to keep your top up with three but they also don't provide a top up facility so unless you remember to top up before the deal expires they take all your credit in data charges. The only network to doing this as all the others have top up facilities in line with their prepay deals. I complained to Three about this multiple times but they obviously don't care because its working as they intend it to.

...this though - this really bugs me! It just feels sly and it always tends to become apparent just when I actually need to make an important call or something. :rolleyes:

Advertisement