Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant based doctor in North Dublin

Options
  • 07-11-2017 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

just wanted to let you know that I have a really awesome doctor that's based in North Dublin. I've been seing him for years and he's always been the best doctor I've ever had.

Today I found out he is also plant based! and has a certificate in plant based nutrition :)

I went to him today cos I've been feeling generally run down and a few niggly problems, it was great because he was super enthusiastic about my diet and how I could improve it (been a junk food vegan recently).

It's great to have a doctor who understands and shares the same views in regard to nutritional health.

If anyone wants his details just PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

That is great to hear. You are lucky. My GP practically begged me to not bring up my kids as vegetarian. She then insisted on 6 monthly blood tests for two years and they were always fine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There is a vegetarian (going vegan) doctor in the city centre that opens late too, must find the details some time if anybody wanted.

It doesn't matter personally as I never mention my diet apart from when they compliment my blood work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WannaGetFit

Hi all,

just wanted to let you know that I have a really awesome doctor that's based in North Dublin. I've been seing him for years and he's always been the best doctor I've ever had.

Today I found out he is also plant based! and has a certificate in plant based nutrition :)

I went to him today cos I've been feeling generally run down and a few niggly problems, it was great because he was super enthusiastic about my diet and how I could improve it (been a junk food vegan recently).

It's great to have a doctor who understands and shares the same views in regard to nutritional health.

If anyone wants his details just PM me.

Did anyone get this info from the OP?
    I sent PM with no reply so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Sorry WannaGetFit I must have missed your message, had a good few about it. PM sent now.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WannaGetFit

No problem. Appreciate it. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

I think that there is at least one doctor and maybe 2 nutritionists listed on the Vegetarian Society website that gives discounts to members of the society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Maewest47

thanks for that..i visited but didn't see any listed.

Advertisement