Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer forcing to share Facebook posts

Options
  • 07-11-2017 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I work for this company that has a lot of social media presence and they always ask employers to share their posts (which are posted few times a day). I have never shared any of them as I believe it is a serious breach of privacy and my contract does not clearly state that I am required to do so. Today I was contacted by one of my managers asking for an explanation and to start sharing posts. Is it legal at all?
    Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Wow .. that seems extreme, what happens if you don't have a facebook account ?
    Is it mandatory to have one as part of job description ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Make you facebook page private, how would they even know if you're sharing or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Set up a work FB account. Do not in any way link it to your personal account. Add everyone from work. Share the posts during work hours, taking time from your other duties to do so. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Batgurl wrote: »
    Set up a work FB account. Do not in any way link it to your personal account. Add everyone from work. Share the posts during work hours, taking time from your other duties to do so. Problem solved.

^^^ This. And change your name on your private account so they won't find you in a search

Advertisement