Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Box One S for a christmas present , chat problems?

Options
  • 06-11-2017 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm considering buying an X Box One S for my son for Christmas. However, I heard from people (not experts) that with this console won't be able to chat/game online with his cousins or mates, who have X Box's.

Can anyone shed a light on this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nah, that's nonsense. As long as everyone has an Xbox One of some description they'll all be able to chat and communicate. Even if his cousins or friends have an Xbox 360 - which is the generation of consoles before the Xbox One - then they'll be able to communicate and chat on the backwards compatible games 360 you can play on the Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Nah, that's nonsense. As long as everyone has an Xbox One of some description they'll all be able to chat and communicate. Even if his cousins or friends have an Xbox 360 - which is the generation of consoles before the Xbox One - then they'll be able to communicate and chat on the backwards compatible games 360 you can play on the Xbox One.

Even if they have a PC they can chat through the Xbox app on windows 10. And there are some cross compatible games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I remember that if someone was under 18 that the only people they could hear was people on their friends list.
    Is that still the case/what you are talking about?

(my cousin conplained about it years ago when I set up his Xbox for him)

Advertisement