Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New BIM Qualification - Professional Advice Needed

Options
  • 06-11-2017 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice, I having recently completed a Level 8 BIM degree, I'm looking at my options professionally.

Where can one go with such a degree, the obvious ones are:
    - Construction companies
    - Architectural / Engineering companies
    - Freelance BIM modelling
    - Lecturing / Tutoring

In the Irish construction industry in late 2017: what is sought?

Any advice would be great, thanks a million!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Local authorities are on a drive for BIM technicians.
    Seen odd go into Dublin City recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 GreenFields123

I'm in the public sector, its seems like it could be while before Local Authorities start using BIM.

Although I have heard that Dublin City Council and Fingal County Council are using Revit for some projects.

A recent job advert from Carlow County Council stated that AutoCAD and BIM skills are desirable so maybe its the start of the switch to BIM by the Irish public sector.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I'm in the public sector, its seems like it could be while before Local Authorities start using BIM.

Although I have heard that Dublin City Council and Fingal County Council are using Revit for some projects.

A recent job advert from Carlow County Council stated that AutoCAD and BIM skills are desirable so maybe its the start of the switch to BIM by the Irish public sector.

BIM in active Use in dublin a while now alright.
    Specifically in use by the City Architects Division.

Advertisement